Tuesday, October 1, 2013

School Spirit Week...

It's Spirit Week at the kids' school this week...all sorts of different days where you get to wear something special or dress up. Monday was pajamas day. Yes, nothing like sending your kids to school in their Mario Cart and Angry Birds pjs! Yesterday was crazy hat day. Caleb just stuck some pins on his baseball cap, but Grayson rocked the big sombrero! Yup, that's my kid! (Of course, he did ask if I went to Hawaii to get the sombrero! Oh, vey!) Today is crazy hair day. They begged me to get some hair color, but I boycotted. Mean Mommy! So we just loaded a bunch of product in it and hairsprayed the hell out of it!


Tomorrow is dress as your favorite book character. Uh, hmmm...spent most of the weekend thinking on this one. Who could they be that didn't require a bunch of materials we don't have? Then, I looked in the cupboard and say a box of Willy Wonka Gobstoppers! BAM!! My kids will be Charlie Bucket from "Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory." Jeans, a t-shirt, a golden ticket and a Willy Wonka Whipple Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight. (Yes, I even went as far as to find out what candy bar Charlie purchased when he found his ticket. I'm nothing if not authentic! Ha!)

The Golden Ticket

I took some pictures at the school a few weeks back, but I don't think I ever took the time to share them here on  the blog. The kids attend a great school...and here's a few pics!

Breezeway - Entrance to the school

Courtyard

Coat of Arms

Lots of student artwork on display throughout the school

Athletic Fields

Climbing Wall (I wish we had this when I was in school!)

Open Air Courtyard for Lunch

Cantine/Cafeteria

Outdoor Pool

Okay...gotta run! I'm off to my second cooking class this week! Will post about both of them tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment