Sunday, September 29, 2013

Monday, Monday...

Oh, hello all! It was a very mundane weekend...not that I'm complaining one bit! I loved it! Very relaxing...gave my back time to recover...spent time with the hubby and kiddos...just normal stuff.

Blaine went golfing on Saturday. He's been dying to go golfing since we got here and one of his co-workers invited him this weekend. He left about 6:45 a.m. on Saturday - and was heading back out to Port Klang to golf there - as the prices are much better. He did manage to get a few pictures on the golf course...I've got to say I love the carts at the place he played!!

The Course

The Cart

Blaine and his cart

Coe - Blaine's golf partner

Blaine described the golf carts as a cross between a Segway and a riding lawn mower! Hilarious!

So, while Blaine was golfing it was just me and the two little monkeys. I had to laugh because I told them I was going to go swim laps in the pool that morning and if they wanted to come, they were more than welcome. Well, they were both up and in swimsuits by 7:30 a.m. and they had my butt in the pool by 8 a.m. Caleb swam laps with me for a while. I got in a good solid 500 meters before I heard, "Mom, come on! Race me!" or "Mom! Time me!"  Who can resist that?? So it was lots of racing while doing various strokes - and almost getting beat by my older son several times. Luckily, I hung in there!

Then it was breakfast with the boys over at Publika. San Francisco Coffee serves pancakes - so the boys were all excited to head out to breakfast. Now, if you did not know, Grayson has developed quite the coffee habit. At 7 years old, I find him ordering cappuccinos and mochas...preferably whipped, but regular or iced is fine, too! This child is going to need to find employment to keep up with his coffee habit and the snacks that he wants to buy at the cantine when he is finished with his after school activities. I'm going to go broke!
Who wouldn't want to dine with these two?

Blaine was home from golf by noon - as he said the course played really quickly! Woot! Woot! That was a fabulous surprise. The rest of the day was spent at baseball and then at home as we made homemade pizza that night. (If you are ever looking for a great pizza dough recipe...You've got to try the "Basic Pizza Dough" recipe by Martha Stewart. Super easy to work with! Here's the link!)

Sunday morning was a bit slow to start with. There was a marathon in town on Sunday - so lots of road closures for the morning. Due to the heat and humidity, the marathoners started at 4:30 a.m. and I believe the half marathoners start at 6 a.m. Whoa! Talk about getting up and getting after it. But, I've been looking for some local running races - and they all start early due to the weather here. I don't mind early - but I don't think I've ever been to a race at 4:30 a.m. - let alone started a race at 4:30 a.m.! (Betsy - you can correct me if I'm wrong, but even at Timberman 70.3 we didn't get to the race site until about 4:45 a.m.!) 

Late in the morning we went to the batting cages and a took trip to the new Jaya Grocers. This is a new market and is located downtown at The Intermark. I'd been reading reviews about it all week and was curious to go check it out! There were lots of pictures posted online - and one picture showed Pillsbury Crescent Rolls and Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls. Now, my two munchkins love the Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls - and I have not seen any of the refrigerated Pillsbury stuff since we arrived - so I was really hoping to get my hands on some for them. But alas, they were all gone when we got there. I did get some crescent rolls...so I consider that a small victory. 

The afternoon brought on a "Sons of Anarchy" marathon for Blaine and me. I now have Blaine addicted to the show! Ah, so much better to have a partner in crime for all of my bad television watching.

Today has been more of my Monday norm. I headed back to Crossfit this morning - and rocked the workout! Felt good about it! Jump rope, kettlebell swings, and pullups were the WOD  and front squats were the strength. Then, I hit Fitness First for a cardio session. Yup, pulled a double today as I've got cooking class tomorrow and Wednesday this week and not sure what my workouts will look like! 

Okay...hope everyone has a fabulous week ahead of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment