Thursday, September 5, 2013

Rainy...

Someone asked me what the weather is like in Kuala Lumpur...it may have been my mom. (After we discussed it for a few minutes, she was extremely worried about what her hair would look like when she came to visit! Mind you...she's not coming until 2015...maybe global warming will change things. She can only hope! ) The weather here does not change...it's hot and humid and most days there is a shower. I can look at my Weather Channel app and it will look like this:


I'm really not sure why I even look at the forecast anymore!

It's not the "rainy season" here right now. And, I've come to expect thunderstorms or showers in the late afternoon or early evening. I find them quite relaxing...a beer or glass of moscato and the rain...it's not a bad way to end the day.

But, this morning, as the kids headed out the door to catch the bus...we had a torrential downpour.




It was crazy! And of course, I was supposed to be heading across the street to Crossfit...so the rain was not motivating me whatsoever! But, I did it! I grabbed my umbrella and finished my 4th on-ramp class. Two more to go and I'll be ready to play with the big boys and girls.

The rain had let up by the time I finished, but I was still severely lacking motivation. I was tired from not sleeping last night and the rain just made me want to sleep. (Let's not discuss how much coffee and Coke Light I have consumed so far today.) I had great intentions of napping when Trang shot me a text and said she was heading across the street to have lunch at a new place she had just read about (The review and some fabulous pics can be found here.) Count me in! I hadn't eaten yet, the rain had stopped...time to blow this popsicle stand.

So we headed over to Fahrenheit 600. Trang ordered the tuna caesar salad and I had the lunch special (or 1 of the lunch specials). The special today was a drink (I chose strawberry lemonade), your choice of mushroom pizza or lasagna bolognese and dessert. And here's the best part - RM$17.90 - If you are doing the conversion $5.75. So here's some pics:


Menu


Pizza Menu - I had the Mushroom Land pizza...which you can see is normally RM$20.90.


Trang's salad...looked delicious!


My Mushroom Land Pizza - I brought two pieces home! Someone in my family is damn lucky!


Chocolate Mousse Pie - There were several things to choose from, but a girl needs chocolate!
(I will try and remember to take pics before I start eating in the future! Sorry!)

Trang and I both decided that this was a place we could come with the kids...afterall, what kid doesn't like pizza, calzones, or pasta? And since Blaine is actually going to be gone in a few weeks, I think I'll definitely need to bring them over. You know...since I don't really cook when Blaine is gone...and the kids will think this beat cereal any night!



No comments:

Post a Comment