Friday, October 18, 2013

Saturday Silence and Halloween Preparations...

Blaine is golfing this morning. He left bright and early for a 7:30 a.m. tee time in Port Klang. That left me and the boys here to have a leisurely morning...nothing better. (I was moving pretty slowly anyways as my quads are just aching today. Thank goodness for a DOR - day of rest - as I think my body would've thrown a hissy fit if I was going to workout today.)

I took the two monkeys for a coffee date - as it is a Saturday ritual.  

My favorite coffee dates

And then they came home and ASKED if they could read for a while! WHAT?!! Please children...you never have to ask...just pick up the book!

Both of them reading "Diary Of A Wimpy Kid" books

So now I've been enjoying 30 minutes of blissful silence! Ah, heavenly!

Yesterday Blaine worked from home so he could attend United Nations Day at MKIS. Always nice when he does this as we sneak off for a lunch date. Yesterday it was at Ben's (in Publika).Very relaxing just sitting outside and chatting about the week.

Onion rings and salads

We may even try and head back there this evening as they are having live jazz music in the Publika Square and Ben's would be the perfect spot to listen to the musicians and grab dinner.

Since Blaine worked from home yesterday we also decided to decorate for Halloween. I had ordered a bunch of decorations last May when we knew we were moving here as Daron had warned me that Halloween is a HUGE in our 'hood. I was even smart enough to order most of them so that they were weatherproof! (Which was good as we had rain last evening!) Anyways, we are mostly decorated and ready to greet trick-or-treaters this year!











The boys were thrilled when they came home from school and saw all of the decorations up!

A few weeks back I also started looking for Halloween candy to hand out...and yes, many of the grocery stores do sell it. 



Oh, mellowcreme pumpkins...I do love you!


But, yes, when you do the currency conversion, that's $7 USD for candy corn! Holy hell! That's one way to get me to cut back on the sugar! And, the selection is somewhat limited! Luckily, Momma Jan came to the rescue! In our Fedex box was a TON of Halloween candy! Bring on the ghosts and ghouls and little goblins!

I hope to do some blogging from Penang this week. We've received all sorts of great restaurant recommendations (China House is at the top of the list!) and my friend, Sandra, said there are some great tailors there if I want some items copied - and she'll be there - so I'm hoping I can tagalong with her! (I received a new black skirt this week in my Fedex package which I love, but, it is too big in the waist - not that I'm complaining about that - except that right now it has a safety pin in it! I'm hoping I can get it taken in and copied as I love the look of it! Would love to have it in several colors!)

Big hugs to all of our friends and family! Know that we think of you all often...

Enjoy the weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment