Sunday, October 6, 2013

Lunch Date and Art Shopping

So Blaine worked from home this morning as he had to go do battle at the bank...which surprisingly did not take as long as he thought it would. Additionally, he was going to help me deal with Toshiba - as my new computer over the weekend decided it would show me the blue screen of death - but, it magically resurrected itself today, also. Since these two issues worked themselves out in a timely manner - that left time for a lunch date.

We decided to try Alexis today - located in Bangsar Shopping Center. Loved the menu...lots of choices. Blaine tried the set menu for 38RM++ - this was mushroom soup, spaghetti and meatballs and the dessert of the day - almond cake. I went for the lobster roll.


Mushroom Soup and Spaghetti and Meatballs

Lobster Roll served with french fries and cole slaw

I tried a taste of Blaine's soup - and we both agreed it could use some salt. (The strange thing here in Malaysia - salt and pepper are never on the table at a restaurant. I'm not quite sure why...) He really liked his spaghetti and I have to say my lobster roll was perfect for lunch. It was served on a whole grain roll and was not too heavily dressed.

Dessert was almond cake - which was yummy! (Yes, I stole a small bite!) It had a hint of lemon to it making it not too heavy for lunchtime. We would definitely go back to Alexis - it just had a nice feel and the service was great.

Almond Cake

After lunch we strolled around a few of the local malls as we are looking for some art pieces. We've decided we're going to bring back some art from Malaysia as a remembrance of our time here. Let me know what you think of the following pieces we looked at:



Please...let your inner art critic out! I'd like to know what you think! 

2 comments:

  1. as an, ahem....artist, I would have to say that those are obviously subtle, understated pieces that would do well in any house in the home. They are terribly versatile, timeless, and horribly sophisticated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Greta. Yes, most definitely understated!

    ReplyDelete