Monday, October 21, 2013

Rainy Day...

We have a rainy day here in Penang. Not the worst thing in the world...just not chocked full of sunshine as I had hoped. (Although, I will admit that I am kind of enjoying the cooler temps...82 degrees and breezy by the ocean.)

Blaine and I rocked a workout this morning. He's a good egg about hitting the gym with me and is willing doing the Crossfit WODs I'm throwing at him. Today we did 5 rounds for time of: 200 meter run, 20 squats, and 20 pushups. I thought this one would be a piece of cake, but if you're pushing yourself it's harder than it appears. I was pleasantly surprised to see a Concept 2 rower in the gym...so I think I'll search for a workout that can include the rower to change it up! Plus, we've got the new jump rope with us - so there's always that!

As it was raining quite hard this morning, the pool was not ideal in the morning. We took the chance to run down to one of the local tailors that the concierge suggested - Sparks. Sandra had a couple of pieces for him, I had two skirts that I wanted to take in at the waist - along with copying the one in a different fabric - and Blaine wanted some short sleeved shirts made. We were right quick getting this done - fabrics picked out, measurements taken, and a pickup on Thursday promised. Hopefully, the quality will be decent!

When we came back the rain lightened, so we headed to the pool so the boys could meet up with Liette. Lots of laughter about sea monsters and trying to tip Grayson off the raft!

The kids playing

Blaine and I checked out the beach and the ocean...very choppy today! 


I decided it was time to catch up on all the magazines I'm behind in reading...Blaine decided it was margarita time - for both of us! (What a good husband!)


Now we're just relaxing in the room with a cold beverage and letting the boys have a little downtime! Tonight we're heading to Ferringhi Gardens for dinner and to explore the night market - as long as it's not raining!





No comments:

Post a Comment