Saturday, October 12, 2013

Sabado (Saturday for all you non-Spanish speakers) in KL...

A very relaxing Saturday for the entire family. We went and got groceries in the morning at Cold Storage. When I get groceries with my children, I find that my cart becomes a complete disaster. Let's just say we were talked into a lot of chips and cookies under the guise that we would be bringing them to Penang next week for snacks during vacation.

And then it was time for Saturday morning coffee. Grayson chose Starbucks. (Yes, my coffee loving 7 year old got to choose!)

Ah, pure heaven!

Caleb and Mommy

Then, Blaine had an appointment for a 90 minute massage. I have to admit - I was a bit jealous! He came back (from Tres Bella) looking relaxed and saying that his masseuse really worked him over. That's how I like a massage...one where they really work on the knots and tight muscles - not one of those gentle, fluffy massages. I'll have to go over and try it...Blaine says they offer a great package for 23 hours of massage for Rm 1570 - that's about $22/hour U.S. - how can you beat that???!!!

At lunchtime, Blaine said he was craving Mexican food - which we haven't had since we moved here. I really wasn't sure where to try - so I sent Mabel a message and she suggested La Mexicana. It was a great choice!

Cute decor

Blaine ordered a margarita...which was not light on the tequila!! (Always a good start to a meal!)


We decided to order a bunch of tapas so that we could try a few more things - and get the boys to try something other than quesadillas! So we had sopes with chorizo, tacos with steak and chorizo, queso fundido with chorizo, gorditas with pork (Wow - didn't realize how much pork/chorizo we had!), nachos, quesadillas (Yeah - still had to order those for the boys!), and guacamole. (And yes, I missed some photos of the food - as we had 4 people diving into the dishes!)

Tacos with steak and chorizo

Sopes

Guacamole

So, while the list of what we ordered seems quite long...the portions are small and it was just the perfect amount to share with our family of  four. I loved that it wasn't your typical Tex-Mex cuisine (not that I'm opposed to Tex-Mex - just wanted to try something new last night). I was also glad that we made reservations. They had a big party coming in which was going to take up most of their indoor dining.

The whole family

We'll definitely be going back to La Mexicana! Grayson gives it dos thumbs up! (Yes, he's taking Spanish at school.) Next time we might even save some room for dessert!



No comments:

Post a Comment