Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Another piece in the puzzle...

Well, we've been here 10 weeks. And, I have to say I'm feeling kind of settled. The kids are doing great at school, I'm making some wonderful friends, Blaine is enjoying his job, everything seems to be falling into place. Yet, last week I still felt like there was more that I could be doing.

I decided I wasn't interested in substitute teaching. As much as I love children, there was a reason I left teaching...probably multiple reasons. Still, I knew I needed something else here in Malaysia to occupy my time. I miss my job...a lot. And not being able to work is a little maddening at times.

But, then I read that our parents' association was looking for a communications officer to join their board. Hmmm...that was probably my favorite part of my last job. And, it would keep my heavily involved with the school - all big pluses in my book. So, I sent the board president an email to see if that position had been filled...and she kindly wrote back and we had a meeting yesterday. It seems that it has not been filled...but, it will be later today - by ME!

I think this helps complete another piece of the puzzle for me. I've got the fitness going again, cooking classes, my blog, the kids, and now a role at the school. It's all starting to come together...


No comments:

Post a Comment