Sunday, October 20, 2013

Vacation...

We are officially on vacation! YAY! A change of scenery, the beach, a few cocktails...ah, a little slice of heaven.

We packed up the car and left this morning...it's about a 4 hour drive from K.L.  We thought it was worth the drive so we could have our car - although it's a short (and cheap) plane ride. Since we left early and check-in wasn't until 3 p.m. I was determined to hit one of the restaurants that Christine and Mabel recommended to us - so China House it was! We plugged it into the GPS and found it without a hitch!

Originally, I was just going to have dessert, but we all decided that we'd have a light lunch, too! The kids had chicken tenders - big surprise! (But, they were freshly breaded and I have to admit I stole a couple off of Grayson's plate!) Blaine had the chicken schnitzel sandwich and I had the Thai chicken salad...they were both yummy! The salad was light and just what I wanted as my focus was on dessert!

Some of my "art" and my dining companions channelling their creative side

Chicken Schnitzel Sandwich & Thai Chicken Salad

Now we had been warned that the desserts were AMAZING!! And let's just say it was overwhelming! It was about a about a 12 foot by 3 foot table covered with all sorts of yumminess! Plus a refrigerated case full of ice box cakes! But, we made our choices! (You can tell my boys like chocolate - as I did not directly pick any of the desserts!)


Holy dessert table!

So we shared a Chocoholic Chocolate Cake, a Sacher torte, and a Banana Turtle torte - all totally AMAZING! The Banana Turtle torte was a particular favourite!!

Then we made our way to the Hard Rock Hotel...our home for the next 5 days. While our room wasn't ready - it didn't take too long before we were unpacking our bags and heading to the pool.



We met Sandra poolside a little later in the afternoon - or should I say at the swim-up bar! Fun conversation and got to introduce the boys to her daughter, Liette. (I think the kids all bonded over chicken wings and fries!)

It's looking like a great week here at Batu Ferringhi beach. I think we're going to take a boat ride, visit the Tropical Spice Garden, hit the spa, and take the kids to the night market. Other than that it's the beach and the pool and lots of good books! Oh, and a trip or two or seven to the swim-up bar!



No comments:

Post a Comment