Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Tears...

Yesterday I wrote about how great I thought our children were adjusting to our new life here in Kuala Lumpur. And then, Caleb came home from school and I asked how his day was and if he was making friends...and tears. Lots of tears. He said he had no friends, that no one played with him, that he was trying, but no one wanted to be his friend. It broke my heart...and then I cried. I told him to keep trying - after all, it was only day 2 of school. I know he's sensitive, in fact, overly sensitive...I know this. I can guarantee that he was being a bit melodramatic. Come on - who wouldn't want to be friends with this guy??
So I'm anxiously awaiting for his return from school today in hopes that things are better...that he can tell me about one friend or playing basketball at recess with some of the kids...just something.

Of course, then there's Grayson, who is just blowing and going. He came home from school, changed his clothes, and ran outside to play soccer with some of the neighbourhood kids. About an hour later he came home - completely sun-zapped and tired and telling me all about his friends and soccer and life at school. I fully expect he will have a girlfriend by the end of the week and she will be from someplace cool and have a fabulous accent.

So there's a little update on the kids.

Last night we also had dinner over at Publika with Nathan Hay. It's so fabulous that we've seen several Cargill friends in the last week. (Jennifer Allard was here last week.) We met Nate over at Publika and had dinner over at The Social. After several jugs of Tiger...yes, we ordered it by the jug. (It's not quite as big as a pitcher, but costs 5 times as much as one!) Nathan was craving some western food as he's currently living in Vietnam. My kids were happy to oblige him as they have not fully embraced Asian cuisine. (Yeah, my kids ordered macaroni and cheese with bacon - and it was damn good!) Dinner was great! I think we all enjoyed a night out. We made a quick trip to B.I.G. (the grocery store in Publika) so I could register for a cooking class on Monday and the boys could get some donuts. Here's a pic of those AMAZING English muffins I told you about yesterday!!

We brought Nate back to the house and gave him a quick tour and chatted for a little longer before he had to get going. Loved having a visitor...

Hugs to all of our friends and family! We miss you lots!!

No comments:

Post a Comment