Saturday, August 24, 2013

Need more gong...

First off...a big thank you to all who commented, Facebooked me, emailed me - just reached out in some way. I've got to say that the day got better once I finished that blog post. (I hate pity parties - and whoa, was I having a big one yesterday! But, I swore that I wouldn't paint this move as all sunshine and roses - because we all know that any move brings its challenges! So you will always hear the the whole truth and nothing but the truth in my posts!)

Blaine was home earlier than usual yesterday -so we grabbed a late lunch at S.Wine (yes, as in swine - here piggy, piggy!) together. And yes, they serve pork - and lots of it. It's located in Ben's Independent Grocer (B.I.G.) and was scrumptious!


(Yeah...I'm playing with my new PicFrame app in this blog post)

Blaine ordered the grilled ham and cheese sandwich and I had the chorizo burger with bacon - and we shared. We'll definitely be going back!

After my most pathetic blog post, our neighbor, Trang, and her husband, Kevin, invited us over for drinks last night. It's amazing how much better a few margaritas and good conversation can make you feel. It was just what we needed! And once again, we scored valuable information - like the name of the beer guy who will DELIVER Tiger to your house by the case for $85 ringgit. Yeah...we sent him a text right away. He's delivering to us this afternoon. And, how there's a yummy place across the street which makes great hummus and shawarma. We were sad that we had to cut out early, but we were heading to Westport early this morning to package meals for the homeless and the boys were tired after their first full week of school.

We got our butts out of bed early this morning and headed to Westport with the Carlsons to package meals. It was a pretty smooth process. There were five tables set up and basically it was assembly line style...you got some soy product, dehydrated veggies, rice and a vitamin packet. You weighed it and sealed and kept on going. By noon they had packaged 20,000 meals for homeless and needy people in Klang valley.


We worked with Stop Hunger Now - a worldwide organization - on this project.


Caleb working with Beth and Brian


Hairnets are just not attractive

Now, if you are wondering where the title of today's blog post comes from - it comes from packaging meals for the homeless. Every time we hit 1,000 meals packaged - they would ring this gong. It would scare me each and every time, but Blaine and the kids and I could not stop thinking about the Saturday Night Live skit with:

So we said "I need more gong!!!"


That's the gong!!!


And finally, a few updates on the kids. We spoke with Grayson's teacher. His handwriting is an issue -which makes his writing of sentences very slow. She gave us the name of a woman who can help with his handwriting so I've contacted her and he'll be evaluated this week! As for Caleb, he had a much better day on Friday...got his chance to play soccer at recess with the kids...had a big smile on his face when he came home.

Life is looking up! (Our beer delivery just arrived!)

No comments:

Post a Comment