Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Drink the Kool-Aid...

I just officially committed. Yup, I'm going to join the Crossfit box across the street. Yup, I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid. (I'm really not knocking Crossfitters when I talk about "drinking the Kool-Aid", but if you talk to Crossfitters - they are kind of single-tracked - thinking and talking of only Crossfit. I don't expect that my drinking of this concoction will be so severe, but please let me know if it is!)


I used to do Crossfit when Performance was offering it...and really liked it. Really liked it. But, it's been a LONG time. (Although, "Karen" is still one of my favorite workouts of all time - 150 wall balls for time - and I tend to do it about once every 3 months just for the hell of it!) I'm sure the on-ramp will be brutal. (This girl hates freakin' burpees! But I do love to clean!) So...on Tuesday I will start. I have 6 on-ramp sessions to complete before I can go and do the official workouts. I'm doing the on-ramp as personal training as no one else signed up for the 9 a.m. session - I'm good with that! It will give me tie to get to know the trainer(s) there. And this is my box:


The good thing is that Crossfit Vidatha is right across the street in Publika - so until my car arrives - I can walk across and workout. And, I learned yesterday that Susan goes over to this Crossfit, also - and I even think she may go during the 9 a.m. slot - so there will be a friendly face - always nice.

But, I'm a little too ADD to do just Crossfit - so I will keep my traditional gym membership at Fitness First, too. This will allow me to go spin (okay...let's be honest...it's RPM) and do some of the other things that I enjoy about a traditional gym. Today I'm heading to Fitness First because I managed to bum a ride with Brian who has some other stuff to do over at MK1. I'm going to do spin while I'm there. This will be different. You can take a traditional RPM class with an instructor or you can go do a class via video - just plug in your headphones and rock. (You have to wear headphones all the time during traditional RPM class as the bikes are not located in a studio - they are right out there on the fitness floor.) There are little video monitors on each bike and you can go do this anytime a class is not in session. So...my bike shoes are in my bag and I'm ready to rock!

And...there may even be some lap swimming on my agenda this afternoon. (I can't even believe I just wrote that!)


1 comment:

  1. Now you know how we feel when we can throw in one of your dvd spin videos in Kalona anytime we want. We get a good spin workout and our Robin fix!

    ReplyDelete