Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Lunch with the ladies...

It's Tuesday...and I'm still without a car. Ugh! You don't know how much you want/need a car until you don't have one. I'm hoping my leased car will be ready sooner than the 3 weeks they told us...

So...since I didn't have a car today it was an at-home workout day. Cardio only today...so I hit the elliptical. (Yea, my real reason for the elliptical was so I could catch up on "True Blood." I'm a few episodes behind...so please don't share anything about the finale with me.) 60 minutes later I was done.

Today I met some of the neighborhood moms for lunch. My kids are hanging out with Michael, Liam, and Eutaw - so I went to lunch with Trang (Michael's mom), Susan (Liam's mom) and Mana (Eutaw's mom). We went over to Publika and played Frogger with the traffic to get across - as the traffic lights weren't working. Yes, in the land where the traffic lights are really only a suggestion - to have them not working at all - it's just insane!

We had lunch at The Social today. This is one of my favorite places in the few short weeks we've been there. Today we sat outside and ordered from their lunch specials.


Lunch was 20RM - that's about $6.50 USD. Total steal! 3 spring rolls and a bowl of spaghetti carbonara was way more than I needed. Lunch conversation was great - lots of tips on where to get things - pork, Cheerios, great places for breakfast, movie theaters. Love talking to moms in the know - it makes life much easier than trying to figure things out on your own.

Blaine was heading to Malacca today for work. He sent me a text saying he got really lost, but that he finally made it.
Hopefully, his town hall meeting went well. He told me last night that Malay is the only language spoken at the plant so that someone would be doing all of his interpreting. I laughed. It would be hilarious if the interpreter didn't exactly translate things:

Blaine: Hi everyone! I'm so glad to be here in Malaysia and we're going to make Cargill even bigger and better.

Interpreter: Hello everyone! It's freaking hot and humid here in Malaysia! We're going to use Cargill's money for more air conditioning and beer.

Anyways...I digress.

Tomorrow I managed to bum a ride to the gym with Brian. Yahoo! So thankful for all of the friends that are helping me out...

No comments:

Post a Comment