Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Fab 5 Friday...

It's Friday! Woohoo! Hope you've had a good week! And, hopefully, you're here for Fab 5 Friday. I do not want to disappoint - so here it is!

1. Keeping My Mommy Cool. Yup, I have not lost my shit once this week. I came really close on Wednesday evening when Grayson, once again, lost another bag of clothes at school. But, in a calm voice I stated what the consequences would be and that he had until Friday after school to find the bag. And then proceeded to pour a large vodka and lemonade and meet Shannon at the pool so I could converse with an actual adult. Only a couple more days until Blaine comes home and I'm really hoping I can keep it together.

2. Caleb and Basketball. As I told you earlier, Caleb made the grades 4-5 basketball team.  He was ecstatic as many of his buddies are on the team and he just loves playing sports - all sports. They've had two games so far - a heartbreaking loss against GIS (after they led most of the game) and an awesome win against ISKL. He scored in both games and he told me that the team is going to get revenge on GIS when they come play at MKIS. Gotta love his spirit.


3. White Shadow and Turbo. We seem to have two snails hanging out by our plants that the kids have nicknamed White Shadow (the extremely large one) and Turbo. They've been checking on them everyday and I think they have realized that these two snails are the closest things we'll ever have to pets.

White Shadow

4. Book Clubs. In the past two weeks I've been to two different book clubs. I figured since I love to read I'd give the book club thing a shot. It's definitely been exposing me to some different books than would make my usual reading list - so that's been good. But, I'm not sure I can keep up with both of them...so I need to figure out which one is going to get my full attention.



5. Deadlift 5RM PR. Yes, this makes the list this week. I had a 5 rep max deadlift personal record this week. For a while, I was pulling from plates as my back was just not cooperating with deadlifts...at all. The past three times we've done deadlifts I've been pulling from the floor and my back has been good and not flexing and I'm happy. I probably could've tried again with an additional 5-10 pounds on Wednesday, but I didn't want to be greedy. I'm extremely thankful for coaches and friends who keep a special eye on me during this movement to make sure my back is extended and doing what it should be doing.  This was capped off Wednesday evening by catching my boys in the act of doing their own CF WODs in the home gym - complete with music blasting and shirts off! (I blame Jay for the shirts off!)


All right...please send me some good vibes to make it through the weekend sans Blaine. No meltdowns, no meltdowns, no meltdowns...for me or the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment