Monday, September 22, 2014

Busy...

Can I just say, I am beginning to hate the word "busy." Today I saw this quote:


Someone asks you, "How are you?" And the response you most often receive is, "Busy. So busy."

I'm going to tell you that I am not busy. How's that for a straight-up honest answer? I know I've said that I am, but I'm not. I am NOT busy. I have time each day to workout, drink coffee, write, read, have lunch with friends, cook, go to book club, take golf lessons, help my kids with homework, watch television and who knows what else. But, I am not busy. I am fulfilled. I am happy, but I'm not busy.

Often, I think  the word  "busy" has just become an excuse. Oh, you don't want to do/participate/help with something?! Just say you're busy. (I've done it! Guilty as charged with that one! Repeat offender! Lock me away!)

And then again, everyone's definition of busy is relative. What is busy for one person is not busy to another.

But here's the thing...it all boils down to this:


So think about your priorities. Do what makes you happy. Make your life fulfilling, not busy.


No comments:

Post a Comment