Thursday, May 29, 2014

Fab 5 Friday...

Happy Friday everyone! Another week has come to an end...or almost. Just let me get through Grayson's birthday party tonight and life will be good. (And please remind me next year that we will celebrate Grayson's half birthday - as there are way too many kiddos celebrating summer birthdays and having goodbye parties at this time of year!)

I missed my Fab 5 Friday last week...in fact, I didn't write at all last week. Suffered from some serious blog withdrawal! But, I've found a few moments this morning to get my Fab 5 written...so let's do this thang!

FAB 5 FRIDAY

1. Seoul. Yes, no big surprise here that my trip to Seoul makes the top of the list. I enjoyed everything about it. The cooler temps, the food and drink, the shopping, CrossFit Regionals...it was fantastic! Mabel did a fab job planning our trip and navigating us all around the city via the subway (which is very easy and convenient to use).  I'm seriously hoping I can take the family back soon. I feel like our list of places to visit in Asia keeps growing and the amount of time we'll be here keeps shrinking. (Not that we know exactly how long we'll be here...)

Um, yeah...we ate and drank a lot!

CrossFit Asia Regionals 2014

Just a little of the shopping I did...
 
2. Funny Korean Men In The Subway. I don't know why, but I seemed to attract the 50 years+ Korean men in the subway who wanted to practice their English with me. One dude was a drunk minister and the other wanted to come "live" with me in Malaysia and pray together. Mabel suggested that I pretend I was French the next time this happened, but we just kept our heads down and avoided any additional contact. Too funny!
 
3. Returning Home. And, as great as Seoul was, there's nothing like returning home to hugs and kisses from boys who missed you. Definitely the best!
 
4. Published Article. I just received word last week that one of my articles for WOD Talk will be going in their print publication (not just online). I'm pretty psyched about this as my editor told me the magazine is pretty much planned a year in advance and since I'm relatively new, there was no guarantee that any of my submissions would make anything other than the website. The cool thing is...the article was written as a take on my Fab 5 Friday blog posts. I also just submitted my article about Seoul...so we'll see what they do with that.
 
5. 20 Days. But, who's counting! Yes, just 20 days until the little boys and I hop on a plane and head back to Upstate New York for the summer. I could not be more excited! It's time. I truly do like it here in Malaysia, but I'm longing to see my family, go to Target, eat some Harvest Pizza, and drink a Michelob Ultra...
 
Okay...I just received an email from Caleb's teacher that he has forgotten his PE shirt so it seems as if the mom delivery service needs to go into action - which means I need to stop blogging and drinking coffee. Bummer! Enjoy the weekend, peeps!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment