Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day...

Yesterday was a very relaxing Mother's Day...not what we had originally planned for the day, but it worked out perfectly.

Friday I received gorgeous flowers. Sunday, we all went out to breakfast in the morning and grabbed some coffee...then it was home to kick the kids out of the house for the day. (Whoops! Did I really write that I kicked my kids out of the house for Mother's Day? But, alas...it's the truth.) They spent the day playing with kids in the 'hood...which was fantastic. Blaine prepped dinner. Yes, a one-legged man still rocked together a great dinner - and he even had a cake ordered for the day. (Because there is nothing I like more than cake...truth. And it can't get much better than a cake from Mabel.)

The only thing missing was my mom and grandma. But, in 38 days I can see them for 6 whole weeks! And I can't wait!!


Gorgeous flowers!
 
 
The two kiddos who made me a mom!
 
The one-legged man practicing his coaching skills for tug-o-war next weekend!
 
Mabel's yummy cake!
 
 
So let's give it up for a great Mother's Day! I hope yours was everything you wished it to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment