Sunday, May 18, 2014

Mont Kiara Menace...

All I can do is laugh at some of the things we do here in KL. Yesterday, I went to the First Annual Highland Games here in Kuala Lumpur. Yes, the American went to the event celebrating all things Scottish while here in Malaysia. Really? Who woulda thunk it?

And, not only did we go and drink beer and hang out in the rain, I joined some Mont Kiara moms to compete in the female division of the tug-o-war.  Yup! Tug-o-war! Our team was the Mont Kiara Menace! Don't we sound intimidating?! And, it was a blast! After losing the first two matches - and pointing out a rules violation to the judge (which I will tell you about in a minute), we got our act together and won the next 4 matches - putting us in the finals.

As for the rules violation, the team had a couple of members wearing gloves - and the rules stated bare hands. The judge said she did not know about the rule at which point I pulled it up on my phone. Yes, maybe it was a little bitchy and nit-picky, but I did it. We all would've liked to wear gloves...

Then, I was talking to some members on the team who we called the violation on (and they were very gracious - saying that they didn't even know there were rules) and I said, "Well, the judge didn't even know what the hell the rules were." And the lovely young woman I was speaking with said, "Yes, well, that's my mom." Whoops! Way to make friends and influence people. But, we both laughed and it was all good!

The finals had us facing off against two teams...and we ended up with 2nd place! Not bad for a bunch of moms who came together for some fun on a rainy day!







And we'll be back next year! Maybe we'll even train a little!

I'm off to Seoul tomorrow. I can't guarantee any more blogs this week...not even a Fab 5 Friday!  But, I'll be sure to catch you up when I get back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment