Friday, May 16, 2014

Fab 5 Friday...

WOW! All I can say is that this week has been exhausting. I'm slightly overwhelmed with projects and family and life in general. I don't often feel that way...but, I do today. The kids have had stuff that needed to be finished for school, I had articles due and stuff to prep to leave for Seoul next week, plus some other commitments for school. In addition, a few surprise things were thrown at me and the schedule just went haywire. Needless to say, I'm scrambling to finish a few things before I leave on Tuesday, but I'll get them done.

Of course, I could've skipped Fab 5 Friday, but I just refuse! Let me have 15 minutes to put some thoughts down and then I can continue on with my 6 million projects.

So...before the list turns to 6 million and 1 - let's bang out Fab 5 Friday.

1. Caleb's Concerts. Yes, I have to say concertS this week - plural. We knew about his school concert this week, but we were treated to an impromptu rendition of One Direction Tuesday evening that he and Michael and Nolan put together. Too damn funny! I'm not a One Direction fan, but I'll give these kiddos credit for singing it loud and proud.

You can click below to see him singing and dancing and playing the recorder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjWrKoRVnAI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCZtRZ6biGU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ_6SHSSLNo

2. Seoul. I'm counting down the days until I leave for Seoul. Mabel has been the best travel agent ever...flights booked, hotel booked, box found for us to go WOD, food tour booked. She's figured out how we get a public transportation pass and all I have to do is show up at the airport with our tickets for the games and my suitcase - which will only be half filled so I can SHOP! Bring on Seoul! Bring on Regionals!



3. Korean BBQ. In preparation for the trip to Seoul, I felt I should experience Korean BBQ. So, who do you go with for Korean BBQ? Damien of course! The Korean BBQ Guru. So our family and his family met up for Korean BBQ this week - and it was a hit! Grayson ate his weight in beef and is planning his next Korean BBQ outing. He also believes this is where we will take Nana and Poppy one night when they come to visit. Caleb loved the pork belly. And, well, Blaine really liked the soju.



4. Baseball. We had a baseball theme going this week. Caleb did an awesome Babe Ruth presentation at school and then we introduced the boys to "Field of Dreams" one night...just a good family night. The boys were also happy to be back playing ball as practice started up again last week. Only a couple more to go before we're done here for the season in KL.

Field Of Dreams
 
Caleb's Babe Ruth Presentation
 


5. Summer. And last, but not least...I'm thrilled about my upcoming visit to Queensbury. Life on the lake for the summer will be amazing...beer, book and a view of the lake. Not much more I can ask for. The kids are signed up for a couple of sports camps and we have friends and family to visit or coming to visit us. The time is passing quickly and it won't be long until we're flying home!

My view and camp registration

Okay...that's literally all the time I've got!! Enjoy the weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment