Thursday, May 1, 2014

Fab 5 Friday...

Oh, so last week was rough, but this week was definitely better. I can actually come up with five good things from this week. YAY for that! It still hasn't been easy, but it's definitely been better...and sometimes, better is all that matters.

Let's get right into it, shall we?

1. Hardcast. Blaine had a hardcast put on Tuesday afternoon. I think he thought I was full of crap when I told him 10 days ago that a hardcast would make all the difference, but it has. He can now more easily use his crutches and that is good. He now has use of both of his feet, which makes him much steadier when he's upright. The doctor will cut a window into the cast next week and remove his staples and then he's got another 5 weeks in it. We've counted our weeks and think the timing for his next surgery will happen right before the boys get out of school - which should allow us to get to Penang for a long weekend before the boys and I head home for summer. Keep your fingers crossed that this schedule remains in tact!

Hardcast, Baby!
 
2. Seoul. Yes, my trip to Seoul to cover the CrossFit Asia Regionals is still on! Thankfully, Mabel took on the role of travel agent when Blaine injured himself - flight is booked, hotel is booked, and she's looking up all sorts of cool shopping/food/cooking things we can do on the Wednesday and Thursday before the regionals begin. And then, it's 3 fun days of CrossFit - Friday, Saturday, and Sunday! Time to be a CrossFit geek!

Asia Regionals here we come!

3. Soccer Tournament. The boys both played in the inaugural Asian Tigers Cup at M'KIS last weekend. While Caleb's team did not have a stellar day - you could not help but love their sportsmanship and team spirit. They played with a lot of heart and soul. Grayson's team received 2nd place in their division...making him one happy little dude.

Asian Tigers Cup

4. Grayson's Concert. Grayson had his spring music concert on Wednesday. At this concert, the kids in grades K-2 had to create original musical compositions using instruments or singing or free verse. They could work in groups or solo. The theme of the concert was spring and each musical piece had to have a title. Lots of things related to rain, playing, Easter, bunnies, birds, rainbows, butterflies...and then there was my favourite title: Fly In The Butter. Muahahahahaha! That just made me laugh. Not sure how it quite relates to spring, but I'm sure they dug deep into their inner artists and that it makes perfect sense to them!

Ah. music...

5. Friends. This week we've had lots of friends helping us out...I met some for lunch, some came and played poker with Blaine, others sent texts and emails and asked how they could help. All I can say is thank you...

So that's it. Another wrap on Fab 5 Friday. It's nice to be a bit more positive about things this week.

*If I had to put a #6 this week it would be my 100# clean and jerk at CFV. I've been stuck at an 85# clean for months...and this week, got 90#, 95# and then 100# on clean and jerk on Wednesday evening. I don't think you could've slapped the smile off my face that night!


No comments:

Post a Comment