Sunday, April 27, 2014

Legoland Malaysia...

So, it's been a week since Blaine's surgery and we're home and adjusting. Blaine goes tomorrow for his first follow-up appointment - just to check his sutures. It will be another week before they come out and the hard cast goes on. In the meanwhile, we've set up his bedroom/office/living room/dining room on the first floor of our house. While he's still bedridden for the most part, we're doing okay and hoping he will become more mobile when the hardcast goes on in a little over a week.

A couple of people asked for a follow-up on my rant about LEGOLAND Malaysia. If you didn't see my Facebook post let me catch you up.

Thanks Shannon for the pics!

We had planned a surprise long weekend for the boys - taking them to LEGOLAND Malaysia and Universal Studios/Hard Rock Singapore. We booked this great trip, paid in full and then Blaine ruptured his patella. So, we sent our travel agent a note just asking that we be able to rebook (along with a doctor's note - so they knew we weren't just cancelling for no reason)...figuring we'd have a 10-15% rebooking fee. Well, Hard Rock was great - 10% to rebook - I can live with that. LEGOLAND on the other hand wanted to charge us 60% to rebook. Pissed me right off! So...I took my fight to Facebook and posted on their page about my situation. Low and behold, they dropped the rebooking fee down to 22% - still not ideal, but I can live with it. So, we're rebooked for late August - and it will still be a surprise for the boys - and all is well.

Anyways, I've learned in recent months that you just need to take your issues about customer service to social media...much more effective when your complaint is on their page for everyone to read!



No comments:

Post a Comment