Thursday, April 10, 2014

Fab 5 Friday...

Yes, it's been a crazy, busy week! Why is it always like this after vacation? Trying to get the kids back into a routine, several meetings, school stuff to get done...just lots and lots of STUFF.

That being said, it was a good week...So let me share some of the highlights!

1. WOD Talk Magazine. Yes, I applied to write for WOD Talk Magazine...and I got it! My first article hit their website yesterday (it's a humor piece about my kiddos and Crossfit and the funny things they say!) and I'm hoping to head to Seoul, South Korea to cover the Asia Regional Games in May. Super psyched! Go to: wodtalk.com and you can read it!

 
 
2. High Party Planning Mode. I've missed entertaining recently, but, that's now been fixed! We're having a Porkapalooza party - where everyone has to bring a dish or two containing pork in one of the following categories: appetizer, side dish, main course or dessert. All dishes will be voted on and prizes (in the form of "The Golden Pig" and alcohol) will be awarded in each category along with a grand champion. I'm also co-coordinating the staff appreciation event for MKIS - and we have a really fun theme this year. (Okay...at least I think it's fun!) So...this along with a bunch of other little projects should keep me busy until school gets out.
 
 

3. Ironman Putrajaya 70.3 Hmmm...I'm not sure if this should really be in the Fab 5. Oh, maybe it makes it because I'm looking forward to it being over! Hahahaha! Sunday, I'm relaying the race with Susan and Lorna. I'm the swimmer...the very slow swimmer. I have no doubts that I'll get it done, but think of me as an extremely slow turtle swimming in a lake of sticky caramel. Isn't that a picture? (I predict I will be last out of the water - but as long as I get out!!! Hahaha!) I will say I have stuck to my plan of swimming 2-3 times per week and I really won't miss swimming laps for a while when this is done. I think it's time to go back to running again and see if my back can handle it. It will be like starting from scratch...Couch to 5K here I come! I've done a marathon  and several halfs (check that off the bucket list) and I don't see long distances in my future again...I just want to find the enjoyment that running used to bring me.


4. Nate and Nhi and Mexican and Margaritas. Nate and Nhi are here visiting from Vietnam. Nate had some meetings here in KL and he brought Nhi along. Always nice to have Cargill friends visit. The kids have been waiting for "Big Baldy" to come again! So we met up with them Thursday evening for Mexican and margaritas and they'll be staying with us this weekend. Yay for friends from home!

Fresca
 

5. KidZania. This is another one that I can't believe made the list this week. I chaperoned Grayson's class trip to KidZania - which is this crazy, kid-sized city where they role play different jobs, earning money, spending money - basically learning about real-life experiences. Grayson begged me to come with - so I did. I will say the place is pretty cool - and the kids have a blast. And my kiddo, who normally drives me insane, was AMAZING! Kind, thoughtful, considerate, caring...just great! (Although, the overwhelming noise of the place did necessitate margaritas. Please refer to #4 above.)

KidZania with Grayson (and his buddies from school)

All right...that brings another edition of Fab 5 Friday to a close. Back to routine next week. Back to Crossfit (I missed you guys this week, but couldn't take the chance of screwing up my back with Ironman 70.3 Putrajaya on Sunday.) Back to morning coffee and regular writing. Back to the routine I love...

No comments:

Post a Comment