Sunday, June 1, 2014

Ready For Home...

So...I'm just about done with Kuala Lumpur, school, the daily routine...you name it, I'm done with it. My attitude sucks lately and I'm holding on by a thread until we get to head back to the States. Yes, 17 days...that's all I have left. I can do this! I can do this! I can do this! (Sorry...that's my current mantra...I need to say it as often as possible in hopes that I will believe it.)


And, it's not that I don't love my life here in KL...I do. But, it's been 10 months since I've been home and I'm ready for a break.

Recently, with the winding down of school, even the boys are ready to go back to the U.S. We've been talking about all the things we want to do, where they want to go eat, who they are excited to see. I'm not sure if this helps or hurts the current situation where the longing to be somewhere else is so great, but we just can't help ourselves. Last night I made a list of the "Top 10 Things I'm Looking Forward to in the States..." - here it is!

1. My family. It's been 10 months and I can't wait!! I don't think there is much else to say about this...bring on the fam!

2. The Klutts'. Yup, can't wait to see this family, too!!! July is coming!!! July is coming!

3. Target. Oh, there is not too many things better than a big, ol' binge trip to Tar-Jay.

4. Cooler Temps and Less Humidity. Warm days and cooler nights will be a welcome change. I'm hoping for a few nights of shorts and hoodies...

5. Harvest Pizza and Salad. You can probably insert your favourite local pizza joint into this slot...this just happens to be mine. And truly, it's the salad I'm looking most forward to...so simple and delicious.

6. Light Beer. I love light beer...which is not available here in KL. I'm totally looking forward to ice cold, inexpensive light beer from the bottle.

7. Lake View All Summer. We're renting a small house on Glen Lake for the summer and I envision many days with boys fishing, swimming, kayaking, and just enjoying the view.

8. Martha's Ice Cream. I think this made everyone's list of things we can't wait for...soft serve ice cream in multiple flavors!

9. Shopping. I've been online shopping like a crazy woman and shipping it all to my mom's house, but I also look forward to shopping when I arrive.

10. Drivers Who Follow the Rules. Um, yeah...red lights are not optional. Pedestrians have the right of way. Motorbikes follow the same rules as cars. Is this too much to ask for? Driving in the States is going to seem extremely sane and safe!

What are my other ex-pat friends looking forward to? What would make your top 10 list?

No comments:

Post a Comment