Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Fab 5 Friday...On a Thursday

Even with my "I'm soooooooo done with this!" attitude right now, I've got a Fab 5 Friday for you! (I almost find it hard to believe, but you've got to focus on the small things, right?) And, thankfully, this week has been busy with school activities so I've tried not to think too hard about having less than 2 weeks until I leave for the summer ! Woot! Woot!

But, tomorrow is a busy day with staff appreciation at school - so you're getting Fab 5 a little early!

1. Grayson's Birthday. We celebrated littlest dude's birthday last Friday night. So much fun! He has a great group of friends...they are kind and funny and it was a great Friday night. Lots of Lego work as we had his party at PlayGo (in Publika) and served up Miss Mabel's "Plants vs. Zombies" cake. Grayson asked if she could make the cake for him special - requesting a strawberry cake with vanilla frosting. He told us it tasted "just like strawberry jam!" (And it was yummylicious!) Then, we hit Morganfield's in Publika with the Gallaghers for some porkaliciousness. Littlest dude was very happy!



2. Final Day of Soccer. The boys celebrated their final day of little league soccer this past Saturday. It's been a good experience for both of them. They've progressed a lot this season - especially Caleb. (And Grayson, too - but we all know that he's not the most "driven" child - so it's good that Coach Paul rides his ass a little.) Anyways, we had fun with the parents vs. kids games and the boys received shoe bags and water bottles - which was just incredible. The little league volunteers at our school work very hard and they are very much appreciated by this family!

3. Student-Led Conferences. Both boys had student-led conferences this week - a morning where they show-off their portfolios and take you around to the specials and give you a glimpse at what they did this year. Grayson's portfolio was fabulous...very proud of his improvement this year. But, there was one page in Caleb's that just cracked me the hell up. He had to self-assess his Babe Ruth presentation...and here's what he wrote:


I hope you can read where he wrote, "My props were boss." And his teacher responded with, "They sure were!" Hilarious!!

4. Rainbow Looms. Yes, we're embracing the small stuff this week. With Wednesday's conferences, the kids had no school and the afternoon brought rain, but rainbow loom to the rescue! Hours of peace and quiet as children worked on projects with these silly rubber bands - that I keep finding all over my house! (I'm trying to overlook that portion of things!) Caleb cried in frustration after several failed attempts at a project (Yup, my little perfectionist!), but, he was so proud when he completed that stupid charm that I couldn't help but smile.


5. Manis and Pedis. Yeah, I'll miss the inexpensive manis and pedis when I'm home this summer...so much that I had to go in this week - you know, just so it would remain fresh on my brain!


Okay...I'm off to bring mini-cupcakes to Grayson's class because a party wasn't enough - we need birthday snacks for the classroom, too! And, if you could send some good thoughts to Blaine - he has his second knee surgery on Monday. We really need things to be healing properly!! Prayers, positive thoughts, whatever you might do - would be greatly appreciated!







No comments:

Post a Comment