Thursday, June 26, 2014

Fab 5 Friday...

Sorry to have disappeared for the last week! I think we hit the U.S. last Friday evening and we just haven't slowed down - and it's been AWESOME!! Just so much fun! And I've narrowed down a few of the highlights for this week's Fab 5!

1. Family and Cousins.  I can't tell you how wonderful it is to see my family. It's been a long 10 months...and they were very much missed. My boys have had a blast playing with their cousin, Ally, and we've enjoyed many fun meals together...with lots of laughs. I look forward to a summer filled with days and nights like we've had in the past week.



2. Shopping. Whoa! Shopping overload! I ordered a ton of stuff online before heading home and I've hit the stores hard since being here. (We will not discuss how many new pairs of shoes I have purchased!) Needless to say, we will be borrowing suitcases to return to Malaysia (and probably purchasing a couple, too.)



3. Jeans. Yes, jeans make the list this week. I have not put on a pair of jeans since we moved to KL as it is just too damn hot! I have thoroughly enjoyed wearing jeans this week. The cool weather in the mornings and evenings has been totally refreshing.



4. Running.  I went for a run this past week. It was my first run in 9 months. It's not that I've been sitting on my ass, but running was not at the top of my exercise to-do list with my back and the heat and humidity. But, with the cooler temps and a CrossFit box that has been unresponsive and is really pissing me off, I decided to take to the streets. And it was fantastic! It made me remember what I love about running. And, I was slow and sweaty and huffing and puffing...and loved every minute of the 5K.



5. The Food. We've had many treats this week - Harvest pizza and salad, Rob and Deb's ice cream, and General Tso's chicken - to name a few. But, you should be with Grayson - because he is just living for his next meal. He has his Nana picking him up all sorts of goodies, baking him pies, buying him ice cream and pistachios and cherries and blueberries. I'll have to warn the little man that the good times are coming to an end as we're moving to our lake house on Saturday. (Yeah, Nana lives 3 minutes away - so that's not entirely true, but a Mom's got to try!)


All right! Time to go make sure my kids are ready for the day. We're celebrating Grayson's birthday (again!) today - breakfast out, mini golf, laser tag, ice cream, and a pizza party. I need a nap already!



No comments:

Post a Comment