Thursday, March 27, 2014

Fab 5 Friday...

Why is it that the week before vacation just drags on and on and on? Neverending!! But, it's Friday...we made it...even with Blaine in Manila this week for work - we got to FRIDAY!

So...let's get to today's Fab 5 Friday!

1. Fun Fair. This past Sunday was the big Fun Fair at M'KIS. We decided to hit it early as we knew it was going to be a hot day, so we arrived right at 10 a.m. WOW! Awesome job to the PA team who worked on this event! My kids had a rockin' good time! Lots of kid appropriate activities, great selection of vendors, some yummy food...just a nice morning chatting with people.

 Lots of fun!
 

Cotton candy and the inflatable bull were big hits!

2. Laurie and Adam's Farewell Party. So we attended our first farewell party here in KL. Laurie and Adam are moving to France within the next couple of weeks. You know that this is part of the ex-pat life - people come and people go. You're always excited for the leaving family - onto a new adventure or perhaps returning home, but sad to see them leave. We'll have several of these parties coming in the next few months. It won't get any easier, but we're thankful for the friends we're making here and for the places across the globe that we can go and visit.

3. Travel plans. I've been busy making travel plans. I have this great fear that we'll be asked to move before I've seen everything I want to see here in this part of the world. So...we've booked Christmas in Phuket. I found a two bedroom apartment to rent, well actually, I found several. But, they kept getting snatched up before we could finalize booking. Finally, we got one booked! Anyways, since the kids know about Santa (or the lack there of), we're heading to Thailand on the 24th of December. The few presents they'll receive will be distributed ahead of time and away we'll go. It will be a different Christmas for sure, but fun! We've also booked another long weekend back in Penang in June. Since the kids and I are heading back to States before Blaine, we thought we'd spend some quality time with him before our departure. The kids loved the Hard Rock - so back we go. This did not hurt my feelings...yummy margaritas and a trip to my favourite tailor will be on the agenda. Last, but not least, we're working on a surprise trip for the boys in May. And this is totally a kids trip - LEGOLAND in Johor Bahru and Universal Studios in Singapore. The kids will be loving this trip! Hopefully, I can keep my mouth shut so it remains a surprise! I have a few more travel things to get booked for the fall and then 2014 will be pretty much booked travel wise!

4. Movie Night and Lunch Dates. So Blaine has been gone all week - which left me and the monkeys. Wednesday was their last day of school this week, so we kicked off vacation with movie and pizza night. "Turbo" and pizza from the new pizza place in Publika called The Cube. (I will say, we liked the pizza a lot! They were not stingy with the cheese - which I appreciated! #cheeseaholic And, they sent me home with a ton of menus - so if anyone wants one - just ask! Free delivery! And they were very nice when we stopped in!) Thursday, Grayson and I had a lunch date at Dome - his pick as he wanted a big, ol' strawberry milkshake. It was fun spending some one-on-one time with him. He asks some funny stuff. The kids have really been great this week...

Pizza and Movie Night

Dome Date

5. Kids Cooking Classes. So the kids signed up for cooking classes this week at BIG. Grayson took yesterday's class - all about baking. He made banana walnut bread, blueberry coconut mini cakes, and milky way brownies. And he did amazing. Loved every minute of it, worked well with his partner, Justin, and I had several moms tell me what a great kid he was - offering to help others and cleaning up and being a good listener. (I'm always happy to hear this as he has a tendency to be the naughtier of the two!) He even went and shared some of his baked goodies with the neighbors! Today, Caleb and Grayson are taking class. They are making spaghetti and meatballs (meatballs being made from scratch - I will say that I think Grayson thought that "scratch" was the main ingredient for meatballs until I explained that it meant "homemade") cauliflower tots (I didn't mention this was on the menu or they may have boycotted) and garlic bread. Of course, Christine and Mabel are here assisting - so the boys are in heaven.
Baking Class

Spaghetti and Meatballs Class

Tomorrow we leave for Club Med Cherating (here in Malaysia). I'm looking forward to a lounge chair with my name on it, several good books, sunshine, cocktails and my children going to the kids club - oh, was that my outloud voice on the last one! Caleb's classmate, Jad, arrives there on Monday - so the kids are psyched to have another friend coming! It should be a stress-free, relaxing week! Enjoy your weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment