Monday, March 24, 2014

86 Days...

Yes, that's how many days until we get on a plane and head back to the States.

Today I am feeling homesick. I haven't had a day like this since back in August when we first arrived. (And today's feeling of homesickness is not nearly as bad as that day in August.) But, this longing for home has been sneaking up on me...ever since we booked our flights home for the summer. I can't wait to see my family and friends, go shopping in my favourite stores, eat at some of our favourite restaurants, spend some time looking out at the lake and reading a book in cooler weather.

And, by later this afternoon or tomorrow this feeling will subside. I have lots to look forward to in the upcoming weeks and months until we get on the plane - vacations, evenings out with friends, a certain little boy's 8th birthday, coffee after morning WODs with the Crossfit crew, lunches with girlfriends, PA work...certainly enough to keep me busy and not occupied with the thought of going home. I know how to cope with this...I just need to choose to do it.

For today, I will remember this:


And today my heart is being shared between Kuala Lumpur and Queensbury, New York. Tomorrow it will probably be right back here in Malaysia...

No comments:

Post a Comment