Thursday, March 13, 2014

Fab 5 Friday...

This has been a week of ups and downs for sure, but I'm going to end the week on a positive note!!! It's time for Fab 5 Friday...a list of five little things that made me happy this week!

FAB 5 FRIDAY

1. Harimau Baseball Tournament. Once again, the KL All-Stars put their hearts and souls into playing some ball this past weekend. Unfortunately, they came up short. We were hoping for a win against the India National Team (Come on! They play cricket there for God's sake! And, it was readily apparent they played cricket when you watched them pitch and bat!) But, we couldn't pull it off. (And yes, it didn't help that their pitcher was a tall, lanky kid with a full mustache throwing some heat! I knew I should've asked for a passport check! 12 years old my ass!) But, our kiddos played some good ball and their coach remarked on how young our team is...yeah, we have one 12-year old.


 
So our official season is done. Caleb has me scouting the internet to find him ball camps this summer and I think I've found a coach for some one-on-one instruction. Little dude wants to be a pitcher - and we certainly could use some pitchers on the team. I think at 9 years old he's found his passion...

2. Small Reminders of Home. So I love when something small from home just brings a smile to your face. This week, it was this glass:

 
I went to reach for a wine glass this week (I know...you're all shocked by this!) and this one was just staring at me! So thank you Brenda and Brianne for this fabulous prezzie!! Just know it's being put to good use!
 
3. Michelangelo's. We often get stuck in a rut when we go out to dinner...it's just so easy to walk across the street to Publika and dine there. But, Blaine suggested we try Michelangelo's last Friday night...which is just over in Solaris (really - it's like 3 minutes away). And, it was really good and the service was excellent. But, what's even better is dining with Mini Food Critic #1 and Mini Food Critic #2. They were sure to dissect the meal and service, try everyone's dishes, then proceed to decide who's was the best and why, and then finally, give their rating along with a notation as to whether we could come back or not.
 
Michelangelo's, you'll be glad to know that they both gave you high marks and we can go back.
 
4. Cooking Class. It was all about desserts today! Banana pudding with homemade nilla wafers, whoopie pies, and cannolis! YUMMO! It was also Mabel's first time teaching a cooking class and she did fabulous!!!
 
Whoopie Pies

Cannolis

Banana Pudding in the making with Mabel
 
5. New Bloggers. I've just got to give another shoutout to the new 3rd grade bloggers at M'KIS. I know that Caleb has just been over the moon when he receives a comment on his blog and I'm sure the other children feel the same way. And thanks to those who have responded or attempted to respond (I'm not sure what the tech issue is!) - it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOO appreciated!!!
 
3rd Grade Bloggers
 
All right! That's all I've got!! Let me know how your week is going...and yes, I promise a blog update on MH370 where I'll answer all of your questions, especially as to whether I really believe the Malaysian government is as inept as they appear on television.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment