Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Fab 5 Friday...

I haven't felt like this was a fab week. Super grouchy, tweaked my back on Wednesday (not bad, but bad enough), kids are making me lose what little patience I have, jealous of the hubby in Phuket for the weekend, some other folks are just on my last nerve...You all know what I'm talking about. Just a crappy week...and I need to snap myself out of it because only I'm capable of doing that. In spite of this, there were some highlights this week!

So let's get to the 5 best things about the week.

1. Mommy-Grayson Weekend. Last week while the big boys were in Singapore, Gray and I had a fantastic weekend. He had some awesome playtime with friends and some awesome one-on-one time with me. And of course, there's the blue hair.

Lunch at The Social with my blue-haired monkey
 

2. Happy Boys Return From Singapore. Blaine and Caleb were in Singapore last weekend for a baseball tournament. And, even though they lost every game, Caleb had a blast. He had to tell me all about the tournament - including play-by-plays that would make any sportscaster proud.  And of course all about the two rides at Universal Studios that the teams had all to themselves on Friday night. (Yeah...the tournament host rented out two rides at Universal Studios...impressive.)
 
Caleb receiving a little coaching from Blaine in Singapore
 
3. Caleb Chosen for ISAC. Caleb will be representing his school this Saturday at the International Schools Athletic Conference. Pretty cool. He'll be going to the track and field meet held at one of the local universities on Saturday and this mom is hoping for a repeat of his shotput win. (If you could send some positive thoughts his way Saturday morning - that would be awesome!!)
 
Looking for a repeat of his big shotput win
 
4. The Dentist. Yeah, really can't believe the dentist makes the Fab 5 this week. I hate the dentist. Despise it. (Yup, if we're friends on Facebook, I meant it when I said the dentist and the gynecologist are about equal in my book.) But, it was time to go and everyone we've talked to recommended the Yee Dental Clinic in Bangsar Shopping Center. I've got to say...we all were really impressed. The kids liked Dr. Tiam, I liked Dr. Tiam, and Blaine liked Dr. Tiam. It was quick and efficient, nobody guilted me about my lack of flossing, overall - a great experience.
 
Caleb getting his teeth cleaned
 





5. Croissant Class. Yes, I made croissants from scratch this week. After tackling puff pastry a couple of weeks ago, I found this to be extremely similar - except that there is yeast in croissant dough - making you work a little bit harder when rolling. Sheila was once again our guest chef - and it was fabulous. I was sad to learn that this was Sheila's last class teaching at B.I.G. as she is opening her own café in Sri Hartamas in early May, but that just means we'll have another great café to go visit. (All my KL friends, we'll have to check it out when it opens! It will be called "For Goodness Cakes" and she's going to open early - around 7:30 a.m. - so it will be perfect for morning coffee and breakfast.)
 
Look at those layers!

My croissants ready to go in the oven.

Yup! My finished croissants! Delicious!!
 
So yes, I may be grumpy and bitchy this week, but there were still lots of good things going on!! Hope you also found a few good moments this week!
 

1 comment:

  1. Robin, you say the nicest things! Can you see me blushing? The cafe will be "For Goodness Cakes", and I DEFINITELY look forward to seeing you there for fresh croissants and coffee :-D
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete