Thursday, February 13, 2014

Fab 5 Friday...Plus 1

It's time for this week's edition of Fab 5 Friday!! Just a few of my favourite things from the week...

Fab 5 Friday

1. Baseball and Birthday Parties. This past Sunday we had two baseball games scheduled at Harimau. They've been on the calendar for a couple of months. We're always thrilled when we have the opportunity to play some friendly games against other teams as baseball is not extremely popular here in Malaysia. As it turns out, Caleb also received an invitation to an amazing birthday party at Lake Putrajaya that would include boating, tubing, swimming and all sorts of fun stuff - also on Sunday. When I noticed the conflict, we decided that we would let Caleb make the decision as to what he wanted to do. When we asked him, he told us he would play baseball. After he said this, he sat there for a couple of seconds and began to cry. When I asked him what was wrong, he said, "I want to go to the birthday party, too. But, I can't let my team down. I committed to playing." And while he was crying as he said this, I knew that he meant it. I knew that he was growing up to the be the person I want him to be. So, we put on our thinking caps and with a few texts we got it worked out so the kiddo could play a little baseball and make it to the birthday party.

Getting ready to bat...

Time for some tubing
 
2. Magenta Hair. Yup, took the plunge and colored my hair over the weekend. Well, I didn't do it - Elaine did it. And, no...not just to cover the gray...took a bold leap and went magenta. I have to say...I like it. And even if I didn't - it's just hair. It'll grow out or I could choose a different color.
 
 
 
3. Puff Pastry Class. I had cooking class this week...we learned to make our very own puff pastry! And really...it was easy! Not hard at all! Sheila was the instructor for the day and she teaches an amazing class. We made the pastry and then did some savory twists, an apple galette and palmiers. My kids were in heaven with all of the goodies! Croissant class is coming up in a couple of weeks - which she said is a little more difficult due to the yeast in the dough, but it should be a good one.
 
The dough in various stages

My twists and apple galette

Palmiers
 
 
4. The Walking Dead. Yup! It's back! So thrilled...that's my 60 minutes! No one else watches it at my house and I was so excited for its return on Sunday evening. Not that the episode was particularly enthralling, but I'm holding out hopes for good things to come!
 




5. Lunch at My Elephant. Had lunch this week at My Elephant (Sri Hartamas) with some of the PA gang. Always a fun group to hang out with and I'd never been to My Elephant - so it was nice to try someplace new!  And it was delicious! Can you go wrong with Pad Thai and good conversation?

Some delicious Pad Thai
 
 
And, I'm going to throw in a #6 this week in honor of Valentine's Day. I received an email from Caleb's teacher this week saying that Grayson had made him a Valentine's Day card. Yes, Grayson made the card for Caleb's teacher. (That child never ceases to surprise me!) Caleb's teacher went on to say what wonderful boys I have and how he hoped that he had the opportunity to teach Grayson next year. I have to say, I hope Mr. G gets Grayson next year, too! He's been a great teacher for Caleb and I think he'd be wonderful for Grayson, too.
 
 
 
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment