Thursday, February 6, 2014

Fab 5 Friday Funnies...

Welcome to another Friday! It's been a long and busy week, but I'm happy to have a few moments to blog today! Today we'll look at a few of the funnier moments - or at least NOW I find them funny!

Fab 5 Friday

1. The U.S. Embassy. Wednesday Blaine and I attended the open house at the U.S. Embassy here in Kuala Lumpur. We had never been to the embassy before and we figured we should at least know where it's located. There were several things that I found hilarious during this visit. First off, the head of Consular Services at the U.S. Embassy is a Brit. I don't know...that just strikes me as funny - not even an American helps you get your passports, visas, etc. The embassy people then went on to explain that they can help people who are looking for missing family members who may be traveling abroad, but that there are some privacy issues that need to be dealt with in doing so. The embassy worker went on to explain that they often try to track down backpackers who "need to call their mommies." Too funny! Just what you'd want is an embassy employee tracking you down because your mom called looking for you! Lastly, we had an older gentleman, 20 year ex-pat, who asked, "So, if we have to be evacuated out of Malaysia by military transport - does the U.S. government charge us for this?" Dude, if I'm being evac'd out by the military they can charge me whatever the hell they want to insure my safety!

2. Reading to Grayson's Class. I had a chance to be the "Mystery Reader" for Grayson's class on Tuesday and read them, Sammy The Sloth: Sport Superstar. All I have to say is you need to hear 20 children yelling, "I am too slow!" at the end of each page. Just too funny! But, I've been asked to come back and read the sequel to this book...so back I'll go.

 
 
3. Massage. I had a massage on Wednesday. Okay...I have to laugh about this. Here in Malaysia (and in Bali) they give you these ridiculous paper underwear to put on during the massage. I'm sure they're supposed to provide you with some sense of modesty, but, I have two main issues with this. 1. They are practically see-through. Really! 2. Most of the masseuses have them pulled down to your hamstrings or knees for most of the massage anyways. What the hell is the point??
 
4. Massage - Part 2. And I have to laugh, but a friend posted the cartoon below at some point last week...and I could not stop thinking about it during my massage. Scarred for life! Too funny!
 
 
5. A rough 24 hours. Yes, I've posted this before, but...
 
 
 
Not that anything I endured could really be considered a "tragedy" but, I had cell phone issues, my computer died, and I locked myself out of the house all within a 24 hour time frame. Today, I am laughing about this - yesterday - not so much.
 
The culprits of my horrible 24 hours!
 
 
So there you have it! Hope you found a laugh in here somewhere...or that your next massage is as scarred by the image of that cartoon as mine was!
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment