Thursday, February 20, 2014

Fab 5 Friday...

Welcome to another edition of Fab 5 Friday! It's been a great week...lots of good stuff happening. Had a solid week at Crossfit...including a couple of personal bests in my strength training. (My back has felt really good for the last few weeks - knock on wood - and I'm hoping it continues. If I could just get the plantar fasciitis under control in my right foot we'd be batting 1000!) Had a good solid 1600m swim this week. It was slow, but I did it. Had lunch with a friend and my husband this week...always fun. Just an enjoyable week.! But, let's get to the real Fab 5...they're not exactly earth-shattering this week, but they are my faves!

1. Valentine's Day with my boys. So instead of a romantic dinner for two...it was a family dinner for four. All of us went out to dinner last Friday evening and while the service was horrendous (We dined at Ben's Publika - and ugh! Let's leave it at that.), the company was fabulous!

My Valentines
 
2. ISKL Quiz Night. Saturday night we went to ISKL's quiz night with a bunch of folks from the MKIS PA. This is a fundraiser for the ISKL PA and we went to check it out in hopes that it might be something we do at M'KIS. I thought it was a BLAST! (My inner trivia nerd was in heaven!) The tables all pick themes and decorate their tables (and themselves) to match the themes. There was a disco table, a "glo fro" table, a green team table (all about recycled goods - think cardboard beer boxes, etc.) - lots of good themes. They have lots of fun with it - bribing judges, lots of booze, you bring your own food, challenging questions - just a fun, geeky night!
 
ISKL Quiz Night

Some of the MKIS Crew
 
 
3. Track and Field Meet. Caleb had his first track and field meet last Saturday. I love this child...because just when I think he's like his Dad (which he is), I see parts of me in him, too. When it comes to track and field...he's like me. We can go the distance, but we're not fast. Slow twitch fibers all the way. Unfortunately, for the 9U division, it's all about short runs. As he told me, "Mom, give me a 5K and I'll crush it! I can pace myself...this short stuff I suck at." BUT, as much as he's not built for speed...the kid killed it on shotput (which would also be like his mommy - who likes to throw some weights!). He took first place in shotput...heaved that thing and on his first "put" (he corrected me - you don't throw it - you "put" it) he had the winning distance. Very proud! He'll be heading to ISAC next weekend out at KLASS and I'm hoping he can do it again.
 
MKIS Track Meet
 
 
4. Gold Class Movies. So, we took the boys to the movies on Sunday to see "The Lego Movie." We have not been to the movies since we moved to Malaysia...and Susan asked us to go with her crew. She was buying "Gold Class" tickets and we said we were in! Gold class tickets here have you seated in a recliner and they give you a pillow an blanket and bring your food and drinks to you. Additionally, the theatre is only for gold class...no regular seating...just the comfy recliners. Needless to say, my children (and Blaine and I) think this rocks. I will admit that I napped during part of the movie. (Come on...I was slightly hungover from ISKL quiz night and who can resist a nap in a recliner in a dark, cool movie theatre.) But, the kids loved the movie...especially the annoying song! Hahaha! (Please be sure to watch the video so that little earworm is stuck with you!)
 
Gold class seating
 

Everything Is Awesome
 


5. Mommy-Grayson time. So Blaine and Caleb are in Singapore for a baseball tournament - leaving me and Grayson here for some quality bonding time. I have to say...one-on-one this child is a pure joy...so easy-going. Anyways, he's had a great week this week - I was able to see his music performance of "New World Symphony" on the xylophone and last night we started our special weekend with jammies, living room picnic and "The Croods." Tonight, we'll be dying his hair blue!!
 
Ready for his performance
 
His musical performance for your viewing pleasure
 

The Croods
 
 
Wishing everyone a fabulous weekend!!! Hope "Everything is AWESOME!"
 


No comments:

Post a Comment