Thursday, February 13, 2014

Friends...


These words ring so true to those of us who have moved far away from our families...whether it be within the same country as our family or out of country as expats. I've been thinking a lot about all of the wonderful friends we have made since our first move from New York to Wisconsin and then to Iowa and then here to Kuala Lumpur. My friends have helped watch my children, held my hand when I got my tattoo, given many hugs, encouraged me to try SOOOOO many new things, gone to the doctor with me, shared many meals and adult beverages with me, celebrated holidays with us, vacationed with our family, laughed and cried with me...the list of things we've experienced together cannot be shared in its entirety here - it's way too long.

But, I just wanted you to know how much each and every one of you is loved and appreciated. I may not say that too often...I'm not the overly sentimental-type, but I mean it from the bottom of my heart. No matter where I met you in my travel journeys, you are an important person to me and my family - and always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment