Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Alchemy of Christmas...

So...I walk over to Publika almost everyday...for coffee, for groceries, for lunch, to shop. It's convenient since it's just across the street.

Last week...or maybe it was the week before, they put up a huge Christmas tree at the main entrance. Over the weekend, they put some lights on it and then they started decorating it with beakers and atoms - and I'll be honest, I thought it was weird - really, I thought it was stupid! Where the hell were the candy canes, the red ribbon, how about a gingerbread man or two?? Some of the local malls have such cool displays! I thought ours was terrible.

The tree with its science ornaments

I thought the balloon Santa was cute...he wasn't part of the mall decor...he was done by a private shop!

They entitled their Christmas display "The Alchemy of Christmas." Once again, I thought it was really stupid.

But, this morning as I was returning from Crossfit, I completely changed my mind. Not because of the big tree with the chemistry beakers, but because of the display they had on the 2nd floor - literally, on the floor.


It was a Christmas Periodic Table...and they had changed each element to something related to Christmas!

LOVE THIS!

So thoughtfull!

(I don't get the red men on the table...they could go!)

The Science of Christmas

This display is brilliant! If people really take the time to read this amazing periodic table - they would just love it! It captures all of the great things about Christmas...the food, the fun, the emotions, the weather - you name it! 

I hope each of you experience many of the elements from this display - faith, love, forgiveness, thanks, joy, hugs - even cookies and eggnog!.May Christmas bring you many blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment