Thursday, December 12, 2013

Fab 5 Friday...

TGIF friends and family! It's once again time for....FAB FIVE FRIDAY!


Time to share some of the great things that have been happening this week. 

1. Cana-Krainian Christmas Party. Some of our Canadian friends in the neighborhood held a Canadian/Ukrainian Christmas party on Saturday night! So glad that Blaine's time in Canada scored us an invitation! Lots of fun catching up with everyone and AMAZING food! (Have to say - the pierogies were to die for!) 

Blaine and Laurie drinking Caesar's

Adults and Kids having fun!

Jim the Mad Photo Bomber!!

Shannon and Michelle

Me and Shannon

2. Asian Cooking Class. I haven't had a cooking class in a while, but was back at it this week. We made chicken satay, beef rendang, and rogan josh. (Please don't confuse that with D-list star Josh Rogan...very different.) The only dish of these three that I've ever eaten was chicken satay...so for me the class was fabulous! Learned lots!

Christine explaining our dishes and whipping up a big batch of rice for the rogan josh

The start of rogan josh (made with lamb) and Susan - cooking it up!

Lots of spices today! Donna and Andrea and Larissa and her parents were in class today!

Beef rendang and Larissa's parents cooking

Me and the chicken satay

The finished products! Beef rendang at the top, rogan josh on the right and chicken satay

This was a fun class! Filled with people I know...and lots of good food and new recipes. 

3. Dinner with the boys. So I had a date night with my two boys this week as Blaine was traveling in Vietnam. It was a great dinner date! Lots of good conversation. As much as they can drive me crazy at times, they really are good kids. Sometimes, I just need to slow down and take notice of all of their good qualities.

Caleb and Grayson - My dates for dinner

4. Summer Rental Contract. Ah, I finally have my contract for our summer house. We're staying on Glen Lake (upstate New York) from June 29th until August 2nd.  (We'll probably be at my parents' place a few days before/after those dates depending on flights.) As much as I am loving things here...and I really am. I can't wait to go back to the States to see family and friends. I'm a little jealous right now of friends here who are heading home over Christmas to see their family. But, it truly makes sense for us to do some traveling over the holidays and I can really look forward to heading to the States in June. Caleb and Grayson are already planning on what they want to do! I laughed that a trip to Martha's is on the top of the list! It could be a little dangerous since we'll be living so close! (I will be sure to let everyone know when we have our flights booked! We hope to see lots of you this summer!)

The contract - will sign it and mail it tomorrow!

5. Quiche. This seems like a silly thing to make the Fab 5 list this week, but it does. In one of my cooking classes, Christine taught us to make a homemade quiche crust. (I'll admit I usually go to the freezer section or refrigerator section and cheat.) But, when we made this quiche in class - the crust was FABULOUS! You could add spices to the crust and it TOTALLY made the dish. So, yesterday, I had a bunch of leftovers in the frig - and I made the recipe again. This time with a fresh rosemary and black pepper crust! I had some caramelized onions, cooked chicken breast, bacon and extra sharp cheddar for the filling...it's to die for. I love when you learn a recipe that you will actually take the time to make again...this is one of those!

Crust before par-baking! You can see the pepper and rosemary! So fragrant!

The finished product! Cheesy, bacony, oniony, chicken goodness!

There it is folks! Another Fab 5 Friday has come to a close.

I also just want to say a quick thank you to all of you who "like" my blog or send me a note or leave a comment. It always brings a smile to my face as I recall something special about each of you when this happens!

Enjoy the weekend! 



1 comment:

  1. You'll have to share the crust recipe. I have one that I use, but would love to try a new one. :)

    ReplyDelete