Monday, December 2, 2013

Fab 5 Friday - ON A MONDAY!!!!

Sorry peeps! Last week was a complete blur! Too much to do and too little time! For me to go a whole week without blogging...just not like me! And I missed it...every time I thought I'd have 5 minutes to sit down...something else popped up! So...you're getting Fab 5 Friday today - Monday!

1. Pillsbury. Yes! Scored Pillsbury cinnamon rolls and crescent rolls last week! Woot! Woot! Thank you Jaya Grocer! Needless to say, we cleared the shelves. The cinnamon rolls are a big deal for the boys...they have had me searching for them since we've moved here. (They were always a special treat or served when grandparents came back in the U.S.) If you could have only seen their little faces when I pulled them out of the refrigerator!!



I will not tell you how many they each ate on Sunday morning!!! Let's just say I was afraid they would explode!! Thankfully, I still have a few stashed in the frig!

2. Peter Hoe Beyond. Blaine and I did some shopping last week at a store called Peter Hoe Beyond. It's located in Chinatown...and it took us a while to find it, but it was totally worth it. Blaine and I decided that we wanted to buy some new things for our house that we could hopefully take with us when we leave. Peter Hoe Beyond was a great place to start looking for those things!

So many great items!

Could've bought a million things!

This lamp had to come home with us!

And I bought about 8 pillows like this in various shapes and sizes!

Loved the stars, but didn't buy! Maybe next time!

Ah! Looks so good!

3. Christmas Decorating. So, while I didn't bring all of my Christmas decorations...(Oh, how I miss my beautiful Christmas village) - we did bring our tree and I scored some pretty stars at Ikea. I'm still struggling with the warm weather- and Christmas spirit, but this did help . (Really weird to hear "Winter Wonderland" and it's 90 degrees, sunny, and I'm rockin' the flip flops!)

The boys in front of our tree

Ikea stars

Love them!

So, we always do an artificial tree that rotates around...mainly because we keep it up for part of November, all of December and usually into a small portion of January. Real trees are available here - they are just super pricey! I'm going to let you do the math, but 3.19rm is worth $1 USD.

Yeah...no real scent of pine for us! I think I've got a Yankee Candle that will do the trick!

4. Thanksgiving. I'm just going to say that we had a lovely Thanksgiving meal together as a family. We all miss our family and friends back home, but we're so thankful for all the things this new opportunity has given us - new friends and great travel opportunities are something we truly appreciated.

Thanksgiving in Malaysia

5. Baseball. Last week was all about baseball for us. We headed to Singapore for a tournament - our very first tournament with our new team. The kids had a blast! And, while we lost all 5 of our games...they showed real heart and SOOOOOOOO much improvement from the first game to the last game. 

The 12U team at Singapore

Ready to rock!

Playing at the Singapore American School

The kids play ball with some wonderful children. During the tournament we had two boys from the Phillipines also join our team, Kean and Marcel. They were amazing! Great players and got along with our children incredibly well. (I hope we have the opportunity to play with them again in the future.) I still find it surreal that we're playing baseball in Malaysia. And then, we go to a tournament in Singapore where we're playing teams from the Phillipines, Singapore, Thailand...REALLY!!!??? I never thought my children would have such incredible life experiences at such a young age...it's amazing.

So there it is! I'll try and write a little bit more about Singapore tomorrow evening, but right now, this momma is tired and heading to bed soon!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment