Thursday, December 5, 2013

Fab 5 Friday...







Let's not waste any time...
Fab 5 Friday is ready to go!





1. Thanksgiving with Grayson's Class. So this past Monday was Thanksgiving in Grayson's class. Alissa and I were the moms to spearhead this celebration. She took the story and the craft and I took the snack. Needless to say, I did not want to bake mini pumpkin pie on Sunday night after Singapore, but I got them done and still made it to bed by 1:15 a.m. Alissa did a fantastic craft with them where they made gratitude boxes - listing 12 things they were thankful for. They did a great job with it! And, most of the children tried pumpkin pie...some for the very first time!

Alissa reading to the class

Everybody hard at work on their boxes

The final project

2. Adopt an orphan project. Caleb's class is participating in a "Gift In A Box" project for the holidays where they are each given an orphan's wish for a Christmas gift. We asked for two tags so that Grayson could participate also. We received an 11 and 12 year old boy - one wanted a watch and the other a remote control car. We were able to easily get those things and some additional items for their gift boxes. Yesterday we spent decorating the boxes and writing notes to the two little boys. Our conversation while doing it made me, once again, realize that I'm raising boys who really care about others.

Wish list

Boxes ready to go!

3. Blaine the mystery reader. We had Grayson's Christmas concert at school on Tuesday. Additionally, I was signed up to be the mystery reader for Grayson's class that morning. We've been extremely fortunate in that Blaine has been able to make it to many of the school events and this was no exception. So, I asked Blaine to take my spot as mystery reader as a surprise to Grayson. And, Grayson was so happy to see his dad as the guest reader! It was fantastic!

Blaine reading "Dream Snow" by Eric Carle

4. Troy. Our Elf on the Shelf, Troy, has returned. I'm not going all out like I did last year...we're blaming it on jet-lag...but, we're having fun. I always wonder when one of my kids is going to get smart to the whole Santa/Elf thing...so far, so good.



5. A new camera. So, we can't find our little camera. Every photo I've taken since we've arrived here has been on my iPhone. (And yes, I'm sure I'll continue to use my phone for pics because it's just easy and always with me!) But, I've been wanting to buy a better camera and try and take some better pics. I did some research and decided that the Sony NEX-7K would be the camera. Blaine and I got it on Tuesday. I've been playing with it and slowly learning all it can do...and there's a lot to learn. (Wish Emily Crall was here to help me!) Anyways...will let you know how it goes with my new camera.

Big girl camera!

Make it a great weekend! We've got soccer, baseball and a Christmas party to attend! Should be a good one here in KL!






No comments:

Post a Comment