Monday, November 11, 2013

Project Cambodia Cooking Demonstration...

So while I do not have any cooking classes on my calendar for a little bit, I did get to attend a cooking demonstration this morning which benefited Project Cambodia, an organization at our school which helps needy children in that country. Students from our school go to Cambodia to help teach English, purchase much needed food, clothes and supplies and help in anyway possible while there.

Today's demonstration took place at Fahrenheit 600 over at Publika, but was being conducted by Chef Federico Michieletto, of Marini's on 57. (Blaine and I went to Marini's on 57 a while back...and loved it! There's a blog about it somewhere!) Anyways, Chef Federico was completely charming...in that wonderful, Italian sort of way. (Yeah...I'm partial to Italians...sue me!) And, did a wonderful job demonstrating a few dishes for our group before we had lunch.

Fahrenheit 600 and some of the women enjoying coffee

Our group listening to the students explain about Project Cambodia

Chef Federico introducing his team of chefs

Everyone gathered around to watch the demonstration

Answering questions

The dishes he prepared

Today we had orechiette pasta with smoked duck and truffle oil (this was my fave!), a lovely vegetarian pasta with Japanese eggplant and burratina cheese, mussels with lemongrass, ginger and fennel, and of course, tiramisu. Lunch was delicious and the money went to a great cause.

Really, it was just a fun morning chatting with friends and meeting some new folks who live in Mont' Kiara. I was invited to join a very fun group of women for coffee in Solaris most mornings - will definitely have to meet up with that group! They seemed right up my alley!

Ciao!!



No comments:

Post a Comment