Thursday, November 7, 2013

Fab Five Friday Funnies...

Okay peeps...it's Friday!! We've made it through another week. Today I'll let you in on some of the funnier moments of the week - or maybe not so funny, but now that a couple of days have passed...I think it's funny.

1. Blaine receives his first Malaysian speeding ticket. Yes, I said first...'cause I'm sure it's going to happen again. They have cameras set up all over this country and even with our little Garmin yelling, "Slow down...speed trap ahead" my husband got a ticket. It was via a camera and was mailed to the car rental place who in turned mailed it to him. I laughed because Blaine came home and said, "Okay...I'm just going to confess...I got a speeding ticket." (Really...I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner...he has a lead foot and his driving skills are starting to mimic many of the locals.)

2. The Myvi receives it's first ding. Yup. I dragged the fender of the Myvi against the curb and then up on the curb and then off the curb. This scraped the hell out of the fender and cracked it a bit. Whatever. It's a rental. (Where are my college roomies when I need them? Do you remember that great party senior year during football season and beer cans were being thrown all over the house and the standard line was, "Who cares?! It's a rental!" That's how I feel about the Myvi!) I often forget that I'm not driving my Honda Pilot - which would've had plenty of room to clear the curb.

Sorry little Myvi!

3. Grayson's reaction to Dennis Rodman. Yes, we got to see Dennis Rodman last weekend...who came out and played basketball (if you can call it that) looking like this:


Upon seeing him, Grayson asked, "Is Dennis Rodman a mime?" I told him, that, unfortunately, no he was not. A few minutes later, Grayson asked, "Is he a clown?" Hmmm...I stopped myself from giving my real thoughts on this and replied, "No...he's just an old, weird basketball player."

4. Washing Machine Repairman. Ah yes, a gentleman came to fix my washing machine which was occasionally not draining the water. He came in, found the model number, went back to his car, came back in with a manual and started reading from page 1. Yes, page 1...and continued reading the manual for at least the next hour. He then took apart my machine, put it back together and told me nothing was wrong with it. The next morning, Elizabeth, my helper, said that the washing machine was leaking - which it was - and asked if somebody had been here to look at it. Yup, so he not only did not fix the problem I had, but created a new one. Ah, Malaysia...truly Asia.

The washing machine...now with a whole new problem!

5. Hump Day. Once again...the camel rears his little head in honor of Hump Day and our friends', The Klutts'. We found this camel at the mall last weekend and just had to grab a photo...we were all giggling and could hardly wait until Wednesday to post the photo!!

Our Malaysian camel.

So there you have it! I hope you've found a few things to laugh at this week in your own life. And remember...





1 comment: