Thursday, November 14, 2013

Fab 5 Friday...

So...for me, this was an excellent week. It passed a bit slowly, but really...I can't complain. I made it to Crossfit everyday this week - and the back feels fabulous! I've started work on the blog for our PA at school - which I'm really enjoying and think it will be a beneficial form of communication for our parents. Grayson and I had a few moments where I thought we might kill each other...and then I reminded myself that he is just like me and I need to respect his little personality! Caleb had a rough day yesterday...got stabbed with a pencil (accidentally!) and then some kid got on him about his soccer playing abilities. (I was a bad mom and told him to tell the kid that he would kick his ass on a baseball field! Yeah...probably not my best parenting moment! After I said that, we did have a laugh and we came up with some better strategies for handling this little urchin who thinks he's the next Messi!) I think Blaine had a decent week at work...I know there was a bit of frustration for him at points this week, but overall, he seemed pleased with how things went. (Plus, he's played some golf this week...and that always makes things better.)

Anyways, it's Fab 5 Friday time...let's get to it!

1. A great haircut. Once again, I'm going to say that finding a stylist who gives a good haircut was one of the best parts of the week. I tried the new Tony & Guy salon at Publika and Elaine, the salon manager, did an amazing job. Now, I could've done without her comments about needing to color my hair to cover the grays...but, I'm willing to look past that as the haircut is great.


2. Family Dinners. Since we've moved to Malaysia...it seems that we've had more family dinners. And, I have to say I think we all appreciate this. It's nice to sit down and talk about our day (and have the children critique my food...future food critics they will be!) or plan what we're going to do on the weekend. While Blaine still travels, it seems to be more day trips and less overnights - a definite positive about our move to KL.

3. Jeans that fit. Well, the scale has not moved much (at all!) in the last few weeks. While I find that frustrating as all hell, I am celebrating an NSV (non-scale victory) - jeans that fit! Woot! Woot! Now, I don't wear jeans that much (too freakin' hot!), but I did try on a pair that did not fit when we arrived - and they fit - easily!
I went with the gym membership!

4. Starbucks holiday drinks. Yes, I was unfaithful this week to San Francisco Coffee...I went to Starbucks one day. (Please forgive me SF Coffee! It won't happen - well, too often!) And, had the most delicious Toffee Nut Latte. Yum! 

Deliciousness in a holiday cup!

5. A final klonut. So Dessert Storm (at B.I.G.) closed last night closed. The boys insisted that we make a final visit to Miss Mabel for one last scrumptious klonut. Who am I to deny my children this little request?

Peanut Butter Klonuts

Caramel Apple Klonuts

The kids will miss these little delicacies, but we're hoping Miss Mabel will be back in about a month with some other fabulous pop-up in the Dessert Storm space.

All right...need to go. I've got some shopping to do and splurging on a massage this afternoon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment