Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Birthday, Indian Cuisine, and more Birthday...

Okay...I feel like we've been in birthday mode for Caleb for about a solid week now. (No, it hasn't been that long...just feels that way!)

Sunday we made snack mix for Caleb's class. It had cereal, pretzels, M & M's and Skittles! He brought it to school on Monday since there was no school on Tuesday due to the holiday. His teacher (who I just love!) took a few pictures!

Caleb and his teacher, Mr. G

Caleb and a few of his classmates

Now, Tuesday was his actual birthday, but there was no school. I had a cooking class to attend that day - so it was a father/sons bonding day! Blaine, Caleb and Grayson headed out to hit the driving range at KLGCC, the batting cages at 1 Utama, Chili's for lunch and then a couple of games of bowling! Phew! I'm tired just thinking about it! 

The loved the driving range at KLGCC! Three stories, fully-automated!
What's not to like?

Seriously?! A three-way tie!??!

The boys got home just after I finished with my Indian Cooking class. A bunch of us were at B.I.G. to learn to cook Butter Chicken, Aloo Tikki, Chaat Salad, and Mango Lassi. Susan and Trang came, along with Donna and Elle and Heidi! We had a full class and brought home lots of yumminess!

Lots of ingredients and spices today

Butter Chicken

Aloo Tikki - a type of Indian potato pattie

Friends doing their cooking

Chaat Salad - Christine described it as Indian Nachos!

Christine making mango lassi for the group

Some of the great food we prepared!

Mabel had me stop by and see her before I left B.I.G. She was so sweet and had made Caleb an incredible M & M filled cake! WHAT!?! Cake and candy all in one?? A child's dream!!!

Look at those M & M's sneaking out!!

Ah! The motherload!! CANDY!

Caleb's birthday, but Grayson was pretty happy to partake in the goods!

So...the birthday celebrations have officially ended and I don't have another cooking class for a while. Thankfully, I have a few other projects to work on for the Parents' Association...definitely enough to keep me busy!


No comments:

Post a Comment