Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Lunch At Nathalie's Gourmet Studio...

So today was a ladies' lunch with some of the fabulous women of Crossfit. Mabel is currently on vacation from her pastry work at B.I.G., so it was the perfect time to plan a lunch date. Elle and Susan were able to join in today, too - so the four of us headed to Nathalie's Gourmet Studio, located in Publika.

Elle and Susan --- Me and Mabel

We all went with the set lunch today...which was a starter and dessert. They brought us rolls and butter first. Who can really resist warm rolls and butter? And then they sent out hummus and cherry tomatoes in these pretty little cones. As for the starters, Elle and Susan chose the scallops with beets, Mabel went with the risotto and snails and I went vegetarian with a parmesan and tomato dish served with a soft egg.

Pretty presentation! 
(If I wasn't with lunch guests I might have licked the balsamic reduction off of my plate!)

Lots of good conversation during lunch - which is the whole point of having lunch with friends. I could meet friends as McD's - and as long as the conversation is good - I'll enjoy it. (Okay...there's really no need to head to McDonald's here in Malaysia with so many restaurant choices, but you know what I'm saying...)

For me, the highlight was dessert. I know that Nathalie is know for her macaroons, but I couldn't resist crepe Suzette today - all sorts of orangey goodness. Mabel did try a macaroon and Susan and Elle had some desserts that looked fabulous...although I have no idea what they were!

Chef Nathalie working in the kitchen

Desserts

Chef Nathalie also offers cooking classes at the restaurant. I was able to sneak a peak at her studio space as we had lunch today. I'm thinking I'll check out her class schedule and see if she has anything that interests me - maybe another bread class. (I really should stop eating bread. It's like kryptonite to me!)

Anyways, hopefully, we'll get a few more lunches in before Elle heads back to Scotland and Mabel heads back to work. I'm sure we can find a few more restaurants to dine at...






No comments:

Post a Comment