Thursday, November 21, 2013

Fab 5 Friday...

Another week has come to an end...and it was a good week. Grayson and I are still struggling to get along. He insists on having the last word (which drives me freakin' C-R-A-Z-Y!) and while I love that he loves his teacher...her way is not the only way to do things - so he can stop correcting me anytime now. I know it's a phase...he'll grow out of it...eventually. Just please keep me from becoming a heavy drinker before this stage ends...

Let's move on to Fab 5 Friday!!! (If you get tired of the Friday Fab 5 - let me know! I can change it up!) Here's five things that made me happy this week...in no particular order!


1. Lunch With Some Fabulous Crossfit Women. Yeah, I blogged about the lunch earlier this week, but it deserves a spot in the "Fab 5 Friday" countdown. Just a relaxing lunch with good people...nothing more to say about it!

 
Elle, Susan, Me and Mabel

2. Crossfit. Crossfit makes the top 5 list this week. I had some strong workouts this week (and one that really sucked. Yeah...just giving myself points for going to the box that day! There was no gas in the tank and my performance showed it! But, I was there! Sometimes just showing up is enough!) I even made some of the morning workout crew pose for a picture post-WOD - so here they are:

Noor, Me, Mabel, Devi, Susan, Nick, Aliph, Madhu, and Jen
(Remind me! No horizontal stripes in future photos!) 

3. Thanksgiving. I honestly wasn't going to do Thanksgiving this year. We leave for Singapore Wednesday evening and I figured I'd just skip it. Well, last weekend the kids learned of my plans to skip it - and put the kaibosh on that! So...we went and bought a turkey ($36 USD for a 9 pound turkey - these kids better eat every morsel of this expensive bird) and I dug out my Thanksgiving stuff...and I'll be doing the Thanksgiving thing on Sunday while we put up our Christmas tree. I kind of like that they insisted we celebrate it. Back in the States on Thanksgiving we would invite anyone from Blaine's office who would not be going home for the holiday over to our house to celebrate. Those were some of my favorite memories of Thanksgiving...always filled with lots of laughs and good food. (So happy to hear that Michelle Morgan is continuing the tradition this year and hosting the Cargill crew at her house! We'll miss you guys this year!)

Thanksgiving comes to Malaysia

4. Good Customer Service. Okay, I'll be the first to admit that I make fun of Malaysian customer service. Last Sunday we waited all day for a Unifi repairman (after repeatedly checking to see if he was truly coming) and he did not show. And, there was the washing machine repairman...and, well, the list goes on. So...this week I posted to Facebook that I was looking for jellied cranberry sauce...the kind in the can that comes out looking like a big gelatinous can-shaped cranberry blob. (My kids LOVE this stuff!) I went to B.I.G. and couldn't find it...searched Village Grocer to no avail...and then decided to ask my local KL friends if they had seen it. While we all knew we had, no one was quite sure where. That's when my phone rang! Christine from B.I.G. (my wonderful cooking class instructor) called to say it was in aisle 2 near the ketchup and mustard. (This would be why I did not find it...I would not think to look near the ketchup for cranberry sauce!) Anyways. LOVE that she took the time to call me and tell me where it was and save me few extra trips searching for it! That's good service...some others could take note in this country.

One can was not enough!

5. Ambiance. So I've walked by this store named Ambiance many times. Several friends have recommended it to me, but I never took the time to go in and check it out. Last Saturday I ventured in with Blaine - so we could purchase a Kuala Lumpur Christmas ornament (which needed to be done - as this is the item we collect when we travel!) - and the store and staff were just lovely. I purchased a couple of presents and they gave me cute little gift bags for each of them...and the prices just did not seem that outrageous. I'll definitely go back...I think there's a few more things I need to buy for family and friends - and maybe myself!

A few gifts from Ambiance

The blog may be a bit quiet next week. While I'm here early in the week, we're finally heading to Singapore for our first baseball tournament. Very excited to see Caleb play! And super excited to visit Singapore!

Enjoy the weekend peeps!!












No comments:

Post a Comment