Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Ornament Photo Challenge Day #15 and Fab 5 Tuesday...

Okay...so I'm going to bring you the Fab 5 today - since I missed last Friday. And, I'll bring you another one on Christmas Day. We'll just skip this Friday completely and then, hopefully, I'll be back on track!

Today's ornament for my December Photo Challenge is this little bottle of nail polish. I think I chose it today because I just painted my nails red for the holidays and I'm madly in love with my new OPI matte finish top coat. That, and my nails have always been this girly-girl thing I do!


The last 10 days have been fun-filled. Everyone is in the holiday spirit and we've enjoyed spending time with family and friends. (My mom and dad left this morning after a very quick visit!) So...let's see if I can get you caught up on what's been happening.

1. Dinner, Drinks and Desserts. We had a great Friday night two weeks ago that involved dinner, drinks and some yummy desserts with good friends. You can always count on this group for plenty of laughs. 


Blaine introduced us to a new song he heard on the radio and we started calling ourselves "The East Clubbers" - which is really not appropriate at our age - especially since I haven't seen a club since one fateful night in KL which involved bottles of vodka and Thai hookers. Anyways, here's the song and video and you can just have a laugh with us! (Yes, this song plays on the local Polish radio station.)



2. Date Day and Mockingjay. Blaine and I managed to sneak in a date day, too! This included Christmas shopping, coffee, the final installment of the Hunger Games and a quick dinner. 

3. Silverado and Lunch. We made it to the Silverado factory store to purchase a few Christmas ornaments last week, too. They're all hand blown glass ornaments and while my tree doesn't really NEED any more decorations, I couldn't resist bringing a few home. And, we had lunch at this Korean/Sushi restaurant close to Wilanów Palace - where I had my first taste of kimchi since leaving KL. Yummy! Need to take the boys there so Gray can get some kimchi pancakes!


4. Dunkin' Donuts. Well, the new store has opened here in Warsaw and I had some happy little boys last week as they chowed down on their donuts. Dunkin' Donuts was here in Poland for a while (I believe I read until 2002) and then they left. Now, they're back. Blaine went and braved the line last week and surprised the monkeys! It won't be a regular thing, but it's nice to have a little taste of "home" sometimes.


5. My Parents. As I said, my parents left today, but we had lots of fun while they were here. We visited the Wilanow Palace, had family dinners, shopped, visited Krakow, had an impromptu concert at school and shared lots of laughs. I'm so glad they were able to visit at this time of year! It will make the next 6 months go quickly until we return to the States. (Yes, I have our tickets booked to come to NY! We arrive June 15th and depart August 18th! Let me know if you want to come visit so we can put you on the calendar!)

So...here's some photos from their time here!

A little concert while touring school thanks to the kids' music teacher

Dad toured a Cargill plant while mom and I shopped

Mom and I hit Zlote Tarasy to shop

Family Dinner at Pomidoro

On the train to Kraków

Nana and Poppy and the kiddos

Kraków

Carriage ride in Kraków

Grayson and the Mirror Man

Kraków

Kraków - The boys 

Christmas market in Kraków

A kid's got to eat

Our laugh of the day at the Kraków Christmas market - Crocheted thongs

Tired and heading back to Warsaw

Dinner in Old Town

Old Town Warsaw decorated for the holidays

So there you have it! I hope all of your holiday preparations are going well! We're in the homestretch here. This is the last week of school. We're busy baking cookies for classroom parties. We have a school concert tonight. And, all of my shopping is finished. Just some wrapping left! Enjoy the remainder of the week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, East Clubbers let's go to a club here in Warsaw, or we can count Quiz night as our club night!

    ReplyDelete