Thursday, December 3, 2015

Fab 5 Friday...

Hi Peeps!! What's happening in your neck of the woods? It's Friday morning here in Warsaw and Blaine is off to work and the kids are doing their silent reading and I'm enjoying a cup of coffee. I need to do some boring "mom stuff" like make a grocery list and fold laundry today! Ugh!

After the little bit of snow on Monday, the weather once again turned very mild and I don't see any snow in the forecast for the next 15 days - so that makes me happy. I guess a little for Christmas wouldn't bother me, but we have plenty of Christmas spirit if it doesn't happen! Speaking of which...here's today's ornament!


We'll pay tribute to Blaine's alma mater today! The kids really like this one as there is a button you can push and the OSU fight song plays! Go Pokes!

1. Happy Thanksgiving. Yes, I know it was last week, but I have to tell you this little story. We were driving to Germany last Friday and we stopped at a KFC in Łodz to have lunch. (This was Grayson's choice - as if you didn't know that.) As we were sitting there we noticed a couple of soldiers - two Americans, a German, and a Pole - having lunch. We didn't want to interrupt their lunch, but we did want to say hello.  Anyways, one of the American soldiers walked past us as he was leaving and we all wished him a Happy Thanksgiving - which produced a complete look of surprise and a big huge smile! After all, how often are you going to be wished Happy Thanksgiving by a table of Americans in Poland at a KFC?! Anyways, it was just one of those moments that made you smile for the rest of the day and realize that the world is not such a big place.

2. A new trainer? So, I have a lead on a new trainer thanks to a friend in my hospital group. Please think good thoughts that we'll be a good match. I need a boost in the workout department as my motivation comes and goes, I've yet to find a box that fits me and I continue to miss my Vidatha crew. 

3. Instagram Funnies. I just have to thank Jo for thinking of me and tagging me on Instagram with this pic! I truly did laugh out loud at this one!


Man, Jo knows me well! Lucky for my husband, online shopping in Poland is not as easy as it is in the U.S.

4. Ladies, Lunch, Pottery and IKEA. Had lots of fun with this group of women throughout the week...whether it was lunch, working in the school store, shopping at IKEA, purchasing some pottery or introducing me to the "linen lady" - where I was able to purchase a couple of fabulous brushed cotton dresses this week! These women go above and beyond to make my time here in Poland a little brighter!


5. 4 Days! Yes, we are well into the single digits until my parents arrive! I think everyone is a little excited. Grayson said yesterday, "It's a good thing they come on a Tuesday because I don't have anything after school and I can run home!"


So there you have it! We have an adult only Christmas get-together to attend tonight! Woohoo! Blaine and I have planned a shopping/date day tomorrow and Grayson has a soccer tournament Sunday. Yup, that pretty much takes care of the entire weekend. We hope you enjoy your upcoming weekend, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment