Thursday, May 7, 2015

Writing the Fab 5 While Extremely Grumpy...

Holy crap! I'm having one of those days where I just woke up in a foul mood. No rhyme nor reason for it...just G-R-O-U-C-H-Y. And rather than try to snap myself out of it by going to CrossFit this morning, I said, "Screw it! Let's go drink coffee!" (Yeah, that was not my smartest move as usually a good morning sweat will knock the bad mood out of me. And I just read the WOD - and it was one I liked! Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh!) 

So anyways, here I am in my normal spot (kicking myself for skipping a workout) and I'm trying to come up with my Fab 5. No worries. I have 5 good things. They're not particularly earth-shattering, but they'll have to do! 

1. Phuket. Yes, I blogged about it earlier this week, but it was just fun. It was our last vacation in Asia (at least for a while) and that makes me a bit sad. I love the beach. I love the sun. I've learned to love the heat. And, I will totally miss my easy, breezy beach vacations. But, there is plenty of time to discuss what I will miss about living here in a later blog. Let's suffice it to say: Great weekend. Great kids. Great friends.


2. New WOD Talk Post. WOD Talk posted my new blog for them. It was all about moving and my trepidation in finding a new box - in a country where I don't speak the predominant language. I feel a little better since it was posted as one of the coaches from CrossFit Wilanow responded (in English) and said he hopes I like Wilanow also! See you in August CrossFit Wilanow!


3. Kid Dinner and Concert. So both boys had their spring concert last night at school. This meant dinner before their show at...Wendy's - kids' choice! They both did a great job and genuinely seemed excited to participate. I've included videos from last night below - mainly for Blaine who missed it since he's in Poland at the moment.







4. Cut and Color. Ah, new summer cut! And the gray is gone! 

Obligatory post haircut selfie

5. Sold! Well, we've been really lucky in that we've sold most of our stuff that's not going to Poland with us. This, thankfully, has not required a lot of effort. (I just did not want to add dealing with strangers and selling crap and then people backing out and the having to sell it again. Pain in the ass!) Besides a few obligatory ex-pat Ikea pieces that we're trying to decide if we have room for, we've rid ourselves of all the big stuff! Woohoo! 

Okay...feeling slightly better since I've written this. Grumpiness is dissipating. Coffee and a blog and a plan of attack for the day seem to have helped! Phew! Make it a good one, peeps - I'm certainly going to try and take my own advice!




No comments:

Post a Comment