Thursday, May 14, 2015

Fab 5 Friday...

Good afternoon peeps! After what's seemed like an eternity (it was only 10 days), Blaine makes his triumphant return this evening. And, while it was supposed to be a 4 p.m. arrival...it's now pushed back until 8:30 p.m. or something. It's all good...we can manage another 4 hours!

Lots to be thankful for/happy about this week! LOTS! So let's get to the Fab 5!

1. School Acceptance For The Boys. I have to say, waiting for your children to be accepted at their new school while you are abroad is one of the most stressful things. Here in Kuala Lumpur there are quite a few options for international schools, so while I wanted my children to attend MKIS, I wasn't super stressed as there are so many other choices. In Warsaw, there's the American School of Warsaw and a British school. That's it. And, after 5 weeks of waiting, we finally received the email saying they were officially in. Woohoo!


2. 29 Days. Yes, the countdown is full on! I can't wait to head back to New York for the summer. Ready to see my friends and family. Ready to sit by the lake while the boys fish. Ready to enjoy cooler temperatures. You name it, I'm ready for it.


3. Good Kids. A big round of applause to my two kiddos these past 10 days. They have been really good and rarely pushed my sanity to the limit while Blaine was away. Caleb and I were able to enjoy some "Mommy-Caleb Dates" last weekend as Grayson was invited to several birthday parties. The three of us enjoyed a couple of dinners out together and, much to my surprise, homework was not an ordeal. If only all weeks could be like this.


4. Coffee and Lunch Dates. Just wanted to thank the fabulous women I met for coffee or lunch this past week. While the kids have been great, there has been a distinct lack of adult discussion at my house. (Lots of talk about Pokemon, Match Attack, farts, dirty socks, and fairy tales, but no adult conversation.) So thank you! You were much appreciated!

5. CrossFit 399. Jo arranged a little field trip today to CrossFit 399 in Ampang which is owned by our friend, Michelle! She has a beautiful space downtown (love the big garage doors that let in sunshine and fresh air) and if you live that direction you should check it out! We did a good WOD this morning and I can sit here drinking my caramel latte with very little guilt!


I'd also like to give a shoutout to Bronwyn who's heading to regionals in Australia next week! Go kill it, Bronwyn!

Okay...that's it. The Mont Kiara Menace will once again be competing in the tug-o-war at the KL Highland Games this Sunday! Come watch us at 1 p.m.! Grab a pint of beer (or last year they had these amazing lychee martinis) and cheer us on! (You know you really want to know what a Scot wears under his kilt! This is where you can find out!) It's a great family event with lots of stuff for the kiddos, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment