Sunday, May 10, 2015

Short Timer Syndrome...

According to Urban Dictionary, short timer syndrome is defined as follows:

The behaviors that kick in when you are about to leave something, usually a job. There are two facets, one is that all of the little crap that you've been ignoring and tolerating starts driving you crazy. The other is the idea that you're leaving anyway so you can get away with anything.
The accountant with short timer syndrome was thinking about wearing flip flops to work during his last two weeks before starting a new job. And the short timer in Ann Arbor, about to move to Buffalo, had to resist the urge to strangle all of the smug half-wit aging hippies.
Ah, yes...I'm definitely experiencing this right now. And, I always do when we're about to move...whether it was around the U.S. or here to Malaysia or now to Poland. I'm just DONE. I'm trying to stay positive, but I'm at the point right now where every little thing is annoying the crap outta me. Yesterday I was completely annoyed by bad drivers and parking garages! It must've been highly noticeable as Caleb leaned over to me and said, "Mom, we'll be back in the States soon and then off to Poland. You told me the driving was better there. We got this." Yes, dear child...we got this.
But, I will apologize in advance to everyone who may be on the receiving end of me calling you an asshole or flipping you the bird for the next few weeks...blame it on short timer syndrome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment