Monday, May 25, 2015

The Countdown Is On...


Need I say more?! 18 days people! Just 18 days! And then we will begin that long flight back to the States. I can hardly stand it I'm so excited!

Of course, our number one priority is seeing family and friends! Always! But there are so many little things to look forward to...

- Harvest Pizza and Salad. Just the yummiest! Grayson has requested it for his birthday party in New York, but I'm unsure if we can actually wait until Friday night to partake in this deliciousness!

-Fishing. My kids can't stop talking about fishing and worms and getting that elusive bass that would just come look at their hooks, smirk and swim away last summer. I can't tell you how many hours were spent fishing and how much money was spent on worms.

-Shorts and Sweatshirts. The slightly cooler weather always allows for a few days/nights where I can wear shorts and sweatshirts and I just love that!

-Martha's Ice Cream. Caleb has said that this will happen as soon as possible when we arrive! Creamy soft serve goodness!

-Kayaking. My parents leave their kayaks at the lake house we rent for the summer and going out kayaking is so relaxing. Just you and the sound of your paddle hitting the water and maybe a few birds flying overhead. We even taught the boys to kayak last summer...and Grayson said he's ready to head out again.

-Yankees Game. We've got tickets for an afternoon game versus the Orioles. Beer and pretzels and good, ol' American baseball.

-Light Beer. Yes, this makes the list. Start icing down some cold ones, Mom!

-The Great Escape. We once again have season tickets for the Great Escape - a Six Flags amusement park. I love having season tickets as we can breeze in for a few hours, ride some rides or head to the water park and then leave. We've even signed up to do a 5K at the park in July.

-American Chinese Food. Only if you have lived in the States and then lived elsewhere do you understand how much we miss American Chinese food. I believe I'm drooling as I type this and think about General Tso's Chicken.

There are other things that could make this list. Dirty John's Hot Dogs. Driving which doesn't make me insane. Watching my brother compete in his first Ironman. Tuesday night running club for the kids.

But, with 18 more days to go and a house full of packers, I will snap myself back to reality. Dreaming of the lake and family and friends must wait. It's time to supervise the packers to make sure our things make it to to the newest adventure starting August 2015.

1 comment:

  1. Moving is such hard work. My thoughts are with you and Blaine. Welcome Home!

    ReplyDelete