Monday, February 1, 2016

Goodbyes...

Seriously?! It's only February 1st and we've already had our first expat goodbye party here in Poland.


I'm going to be really honest and say that I came to Warsaw with this idea that I wouldn't be friends with anyone that I knew was leaving within the year. I KNOW! Isn't that terrible? But, seriously! One of my first questions when we first moved here was, "So...how long have you been here? And how long is your contract for?" And really, I wasn't making polite conversation. I was deciding if I was going to invest my time and energy into establishing a friendship.

But, that strategy quickly went out the window. 

I've made friends with several people I know are leaving this year. And, I'm sure there will be more friends that will be leaving in June as we all know the big spring corporate shuffle is still to come! And, while I hate the idea that they're leaving...I'm so grateful for all of the fun times we've had/we're having while they're here. (And yes, I secretly say a little prayer that maybe they'll have to stay here in Warsaw a little longer!) 

And, I know that every expat has seen this quote...but, it is so true.


So Aimee and family...I hope you have amazing adventures and know that I'm so glad we got to know each other these past few months!








No comments:

Post a Comment